General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Mitsu Evo VIII

Old 09-21-2002, 03:32 PM
1337 H4x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does "kill" have to have anything to do with if a car can do 12s, 13s, 13s?? From everything I have read and understand the car was not designed around going fast 0-60 or doing the 1/4 but regardless it should be very a impressive and faily quick little cheap car that some us might actually be able to afford and enjoy and not just drool over pictures or drive around on GT3 on your PS2.

You're right though it really does look something made by Pontiac. I didn't think a FMIC like that could pass US saftey standards but someone please correct me. I can't seem to think of a single US market turbo car w/ OE FMIC like that?!
Old 09-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Rod Bearing Eater

Originally posted by "lstepnio"

I can't seem to think of a single US market turbo car w/ OE FMIC like that?!
Hmmmm well if you count that turbo diesel pickups have them. Turbo PT cruisers have them, as will SRT-4s when they get here in Dec.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:47 AM
1337 H4x0r

Originally posted by "mpbiv"

Originally Posted by lstepnio
Hmmmm well if you count that turbo diesel pickups have them. Turbo PT cruisers have them, as will SRT-4s when they get here in Dec.
Turbo diesel picktups I don't think count since well it's a big honkin truck.

I also tought the Turbo PT was still a concept car or something w/ several conflicting "spy" picutures and teasesr just like the EVO.

IMHO boosted or not it's still one of the most ghey ass things in the world Who was the crack monkey that decided factory boosting that thing would be a good seller?! My grandma thinks the PT is cool and she's like boosted, what's thaaaattt? Ohh, and it's still slllllooooowww than heck even on the rumor specs.

Even with the SRT-4 it's really hard to even make out from any of the pictures that it has an intercooler(yes, I know they say it's a FMIC) and again yet another "soon" to arrive car and so who knows what we will really get.

This is the best picture I could find showing what seem to an small intercooler at best:

I honestly thought it was going to have TMIC just based on hood scoop, but I guess they are going after the WRX look with the scoop. I kinda like it though and considering the price and specs I think it will be a hot car.

I guess all I'm saying is that I have doubts about the EVO picture above and that its really going to look like that, but I hope not since it was on list of toys to get.
Old 09-22-2002, 10:57 AM
Rod Bearing Eater

The Turbo PT Cruiser has already hit the dealerships, and its a fact that this production car has an FMIC.

The SRT-4 is due to either hit dealers or start rolling off the production line Dec 9, according to Chrysler PVO.

I have very little doubt Chysler will not put a FMIC in the SRT-4's. If anything Chrysler is pretty consistent when it comes to powertrains making the concept to production switchover (not to mention the 2.4L DOHC Turbo has been around since 96, but only in Mexican Spec Stratus).

A pic of the auto show version

One of the most recent pre production pictures.

You can see the FMIC in both, and the only change the have made thus far are wheels and two more openings in the front grille.

Besides a TMIC would be hard to pull off in anything with a small engine bay other than a WRX.

EDIT: forgot to mention, that pic you have of the Turbo PT up there is not really true to what it looks like in production. The only distinguishing features are body color bumpers (instead of grey plastic), different wheels, and and a little turbo badge on the hatch. The front is still looks the same as the normal PT, just with a body color bumper and a FMIC, which I hear isn't very easy to spot.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:14 PM
1337 H4x0r

The red one looks really nice w/ the additional openings compared to the pictures I have seen of the yellow one. It really seems like it's going to a pretty darn good bang for the buck. I only question why they can't take it to the next level and make offer AWD or even RWD?!

btw, Thanks for the good and informative reply.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:35 PM
is cooler than you

Sorry...FMIC or not...it's still a Neon. Just my opinion.

Old 09-23-2002, 02:53 PM

Default SEPARATED AT BIRTH

SEPARATED AT BIRTH

Old 09-23-2002, 03:50 PM
insert witty retort here

Originally posted by "mpbiv"

Originally Posted by lstepnio
didnt the MkIV supra turbos have them too?