General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Who will be the king of the Sport Compact world?

Old 10-31-2002, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own the 45th MP3 built and its a fuckin dream to drive.

Easily out corner anything on the road, that I come across
Old 10-31-2002, 04:05 AM

His MP3 is sweet. It handles great and is fast too. The people who wrote the articles for the MP3 are crazy saying that it needs more power that’s BS. I think they don't know how to drive the car cause when Levi drives the car it go like a bat out of hell.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:47 PM
boostmonkey

I'd worry about the legendary Mazda crankwalk issue with that car. Honestly, I don't think there is much more power left in that motor than Mazdaspeed is getting out of it already. For less money, one could get a n/a SVT Focus and have the same power. Buy your best mechanic buddy a 12 pack and install a JRSC (Eaton m62 supercharger kit) and see how fast she goes. You'd still be under the 24k pricetags most dealers charge (sticker is 22). Or the new VW GTi 1.8t. Tough motor that is very mod friendly.

I'd like to see if the rumors will come true that Honda will be introducing the new Civic Si with the RSX Type S motor in it. Acura of America approved the project, so at least that is a start (ie Acura of America is not worried that the 200hp Si (R?) will not cut into the sales of the RSX Type S which will share the same motor).
Old 10-31-2002, 10:37 PM
I <3 your mom

Im going with John on this one. That car with the price tag is going to be hard to beat. But if you have the money i would say the STi or the Lancer for on road and odd road capabilites.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:53 PM

Whats funny is that Honda (and the VW GTI) pretty much started the hot hatch/sport compact craze yet currently they really don't have any "competitive for the price" offerings. The RSX Type-S is nice with 200HP and a 6-speed but is overpriced at $24K. I'd get a WRX for that cash. Also the Civic Si just doesn't seem to compete with whats avalible now. For $19,700 (list but they can't move them so you can get them discounted) its out performed by other lesser priced cars and it doesn't take to mods nearly as well as the last Si (new Si has the economy/emmissions motor, not performance motor). I personally was going to try to hold out for the Civic Type R (if it ever gets here) but it will probably be $21k+ and I can't justify that when the Neon turbo will around with better performance and cost less. I think John is right that the Neon will be the winner in/for the next few years.

P.S. someone needs to mark this thread so in 2 years when the Neon is the most popular John can say I told you so.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:35 PM
I <3 your mom

Originally posted by "flounder"

I think it's cool that all the auto makers are getting into this market. I'd really like to race all these new cars.
Damn i would love a job like that driving cars and getting payed for it.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:05 PM
The one punch machine gun

i still would say a Type R will own a mp3 id like to see a heads up road race between the two well see who wins then.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:29 AM
Skittle on crack!

Default i agree

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

Pound for pound, the SRT4 will be a force to be reckoned with. Call it the GLH with style, or the Civic of the next milenium, but it will be tough to argue with for the money.
I've got my money on this one already. FOR 19K MSRP, you cannot go wrong here....I will be trying to get my hands on one of the first ones to hit town.

Dealership is claiming delivery sometime December/January.

Turbocharged for under 20K with warranty, 14s 1/4mile, I'd say its a good deal, unless the head gaskets start leaking after 10K.........

In any event, i'll be trying to dump my torqueless wonder for one..

Cali