General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Who will be the king of the Sport Compact world?

Old 11-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Skittle on crack!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greg

Originally posted by "flounder"

I think it's cool that all the auto makers are getting into this market. I'd really like to race all these new cars.
If all goes well.....I'll make your wish come true.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:17 PM
All Aboard

if the neon proves to be reliable, i think it will be the most popular. then the focus...

this competition is excellent, because i think it will encourage more competition between the carmakers forcing them to give the american public higher performance cars. and ultimately...i'm hoping honda brings over the civic type r in similar trim to that of the jdm r.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by "FordMan"

The Mazda Speed MP3 is far from the factory piece as some have mentioned.

Unfortunatley because of its low production #'s it will not get a fair shake with the masses but pound for pound it kills everything in its class.

And I see a lot of you going out on a limb with the new SRT-4. Yes it is a somewhat proven platform but not in the new configuration that is coming out. Luckily for you Moparts people the Germans have their hand in the pot so the execution of the project will be far better than Moparts could have done on their own.

One car you guys have left out of this discussion is the next Gen SVT Focus that has been under a very tight seal and is supposed to have a lot of Euro in it. Ford wants a big piece of the pie and they have the right people in place to get their slice.

Time will tell.
gonna have to bust your balls, but the turbo 2.4L has been out since approx. 1996, so the germans didn't help with that.
They did however help get the Hemi back in the line up as well as the New RWD cars that DC will be releasing next year. Mustangs should start quivering if what I read is what Is going to happen. Done with the ball busting
As far as prodiction numbers go, supposedly the SRT4 is going to be limited to 10k per year. I don't think that will last because there is a huge intrest in the car according to the dealers out here. Dec 8th the first ones will be ready to sell, they are suppose to be on the lots Dec 4th out here.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:39 PM
F K D

The upcoming Evo VIII seems to have all of the selling points for me. I've never been a Mitsu fan, but it will be a very "tunable" platform and will work well in every aspect from Auto-X, to club racing, to Rally-X.

I sell Hondas and have been told that the Civic-R is coming in 2004, but this is from unreliable sources and I think it would hurt the RSX-S sales. We'll see. There is a reason that every Civic Si platform ever made had the featured & advertised color of Fire Truck Red. The new Si's are on their second year and there still isn't a red available. I smell a 2004 R available in RED only.

This may be way too much money, but VW is contemplating bringing the 2-Dr. R-32 Golf here next year. 240 hp / 236 ft. lbs. with the 4-Motion system (Quattro for the Audi crowd) and a 6 speed manual. Yes, it's a 6, and yes it will run 30 to 33K.

The GTI 337 was only around for 1500 copies, but that's my "S.C. of the year" vote. It was one of the only stock suspension set up's that truly was "tuned" and $3K in Neuspeed parts can make it a rocket.

T.Morrow
Old 11-03-2002, 10:27 PM
boostmonkey

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

Pound for pound, the SRT4 will be a force to be reckoned with. Call it the GLH with style, or the Civic of the next milenium, but it will be tough to argue with for the money.
Too bad it has 2 things going against it:
1. It's a 4 door.
2. It's a Dodge.

JMHO, the last decent Dodge was built back in 1971 with the exception of the Viper. After enduring some of their products in the 80's, I am forever scarred. If you had to ride around in a 1983 Chrysler E-Class and a smattering of Plymouth Horizons you would share my view. The early 80's sucked.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:56 AM

You don't have much knowledge on that subject.

There are these great turbo intercooled cars built by Carrol Shelby.

I have a GLH-S and its a 350 hp barn burner.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:17 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

hate to contradict ya craig but you made a couple points that i dont agree with

Originally posted by "solo_mata_me"

1. It's a 4 door.
Have you seen johns 4 door run?!?!

2. It's a Dodge.

JMHO, the last decent Dodge was built back in 1971 with the exception of the Viper. After enduring some of their products in the 80's, I am forever scarred. If you had to ride around in a 1983 Chrysler E-Class and a smattering of Plymouth Horizons you would share my view. The early 80's sucked.
yeah those cars did suck but you cant deny the NEON ACR what an amazing car for the money it was relatively inexpensive and outhandled ALOT of cars on the market and the car could get 13 sec. timeslips all day long straight from the factory.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-04-2002, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by "BodyRollin'"

hate to contradict ya craig but you made a couple points that i dont agree with

Originally Posted by solo_mata_me
1. It's a 4 door.
Have you seen johns 4 door run?!?!

2. It's a Dodge.

yeah those cars did suck but you cant deny the NEON ACR what an amazing car for the money it was relatively inexpensive and outhandled ALOT of cars on the market and the car could get 13 sec. timeslips all day long straight from the factory.

Could get 13 secs with some pricey work. I had one I know. They should have stuck the 2.4 in it years ago, easy 14 sec n/a all day long. Personally Im pissed that the SRT is running close to a 1st gen w/ a 2.4 swap. I'll hold out till 2004 for the Charger
Old 11-05-2002, 05:33 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

actually if i can find the article all that it took to get 13's out of the ACR was drag tires. the ACR was an amazing car straight from dodge.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine