General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Who will be the king of the Sport Compact world?

Old 11-07-2002, 10:07 AM
cone junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by "Mr Self Destruct"

Originally Posted by Levi
It takes roughly 20 HP to make up for 1 tenth of a second in the quarter mile
oh boy LOL WRONG.

I once owned a GSR coupe (read, not current heavy pig). Bone stock, it ran a 15.4. I added a CAI, header, and exhaust, and soon it was running 14.8. Stock, it dyno'd at 144hp, modded, it made 154. So where did your math lead you to this? I have a lot more examples.
Neon motors DO pickup good gains with bolt ons. You just mention cai, header, exhaust....not which ones. If you improperly select the pieces, your gains will suck, and you wont go much faster.

Hell, simple motor mounts on an ACR will net AMAZING improvments.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 11-07-2002, 10:37 AM

The 20 HP to go 1 seconds faster was just a general statement..
Yes some cars do response better to mods than others.

But HP doesn't impress me much.. TQ however does.....
Old 11-07-2002, 10:47 AM

I am, going to stand by what I intially said, and Walter Know's cause he was there. My 96 ACR Neon, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, not pulleys, Cold Air Intake, Stock tires, Stock Exhaust, Stock interior plus stereo, ran 15.8 @ 87mph. My friend John 97 ACR Cold Air (Iceman) Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, Passenger seat removed ran, Drag Radials, no stereo, Ran 15.6 @ 88 mph.

So that article to me is a bunch of Bull. SCC as much as they try they still aren't an authority on cars for me. Nor is any magazine for that matter.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:08 AM
TRs Iron Chef & Party God

Originally posted by "FearThe4Doors"

come on bodyrollin... you know you Photochopped all those mag pages!!
ya got me

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-07-2002, 11:10 AM

oh and concerning SCC being an authority i never said any such thing. but the fact of the matter is that they arent saying "oh you can get 13's by doing this" and just taking an educated guess they are DOCUMENTING results NOT just stating an opinion.

Saggleman: cause lord knows theres nothing i love more than swallowing condoms full of cocaine
Old 11-07-2002, 12:12 PM
boostmonkey

Originally posted by "CrazyMoparGirl"

I am, going to stand by what I intially said, and Walter Know's cause he was there. My 96 ACR Neon, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, not pulleys, Cold Air Intake, Stock tires, Stock Exhaust, Stock interior plus stereo, ran 15.8 @ 87mph. My friend John 97 ACR Cold Air (Iceman) Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, Passenger seat removed ran, Drag Radials, no stereo, Ran 15.6 @ 88 mph.

So that article to me is a bunch of Bull. SCC as much as they try they still aren't an authority on cars for me. Nor is any magazine for that matter.
Even after all of those other people jumped all over Chris with the facts, this post was the clincher. No more needs to be said by me.

So much for the 13 second ACR stock. Thanks for more proof, Lori. I'd sport an ACR because of it's cornering ability, not because it is allegedly a 13 second car.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:26 PM

think ya got it backwards craig the only ppl that disputed what i said were you, mopar girl, and levi. right i'll believe you or "levi" over SCC or even john u= never had a problem with you before, as a matter of fact i have on several occasions defended you whilst ppl talk a buncha shit but you are kinda being an ass.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:02 PM
boostmonkey

Originally posted by "BodyRollin'"

think ya got it backwards craig the only ppl that disputed what i said were you, mopar girl, and levi. right i'll believe you or "levi" over SCC or even john u= never had a problem with you before, as a matter of fact i have on several occasions defended you whilst ppl talk a buncha shit but you are kinda being an ass.
English por favor.