General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

What do you guys think about Matte, Carbon Fiber, Chrome and color change wraps?

Old 10-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about Matte, Carbon Fiber, Chrome and color change wraps?

Hey guys.
Man its been a long time since I have been on here. To long.

I want your opinion on wrapping your car.
I have been in the wrapping business for some years now but im starting to focus on matte,satin,carbon fiber, chrome and complete color change wraps. I only use name brand materials and I have 8 years in auto detailing so every vehicle I wrap is properly cleaned and prepped so your vinyl will never peel up or pop off in the grooves.

Below is a demo flyer I made up last night.
All the matte,carbon and chrome wraps below were not installed by me.
They are only there for examples but all the graphic wraps below them were installed by me.

There is a wide varity of colors to choose from in matte,color,carbon fiber and chrome.
The carbon fiber wrap material is the latest in 3d technology which means when you touch it you feel that weave like real
carbon fiber.

I am located in Seminole Fl. All I ask is you write a review and let me take pictures for my own promotion.

To the mods: I am not trying to sell anything. Not yet anyways. I want to get peoples opinions and do a Q n A.
I have no issue paying for advertising but I would like to get a better feel on what the community thinks before I go ahead.

So guys, ask away. Let me know your thoughts and concerns.

Thank you guys.

Ok I cannot deal with this photo uploader. No more [img] tags? Only 5 per post and this basic uploader needs to be changed. What a struggle.

Here is a link to my craigslist post that has a bunch of pictures.

!! WRAP YOUR CAR MATTE BLACK, CARBON FIBER, COLOR CHANGE OR CHROME !!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201870[/ATTACH]
Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 PM
El Puto ©

I like wraps but they can be expensive, I'd rather just have it painted if I'm going to pay so much.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:42 PM
lol wut?

Originally Posted by Puto
I like wraps but they can be expensive, I'd rather just have it painted if I'm going to pay so much.

What this queef said, I see them runing 2-3k for that you can get your car painted. If i'm going mate wrap my car my ass is doing it for 3-400 by plasti dipping it.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:47 PM
TR Ins Guru

I was doing it for a while and nobody wants to pay the price for it aside from businesses. I am a perfectionist so I made my jobs perfect like removing body panels, wrapping to weld seams, body work prior to eliminate dents etc... I didn't even charge a lot but people think it's cheap

Old 10-11-2013, 02:23 PM

I understand all that. I can wrap a 4 door sedan matte for 1,600.

I played with plasti dip once but after researching it I stuck to vinyl.
Road chemicals, hard water, bird crap and other liquids can ruin plasti dip if it sits. If you pressure wash your car you can easily break the surface if it wasnt applied evenly. Just like wetsanding clear. Also there is a limited selection of colors with plasti dip. Plus I heard plasti dip is only good for a year or two when vinyl is good for 5-6 years.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 PM
lol wut?

Originally Posted by We Wrap Matte

Road chemicals, hard water, bird crap and other liquids can ruin plasti dip if it sits. If you pressure wash your car you can easily break the surface if it wasnt applied evenly. Just like wetsanding clear. Also there is a limited selection of colors with plasti dip. Plus I heard plasti dip is only good for a year or two when vinyl is good for 5-6 years.

They are coming out with more and more colors, if the dip starts tearing off I'm fine with it tear it off go to Home Depot and buy a can for 10 bucks and respray it. Again that also applies even if it happens over time. Problem with wraps is not only do you have to pay to put it on but also to take it off. Not knocking on the wrap but compared to a cheaper alternative its just not cheap enough. Businesses go for the wrap since you can print graphics.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 PM
TR Ins Guru

Originally Posted by We Wrap Matte

You can get a high quality paint job for that... Good luck

Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 PM

High quality paint job for 1,600?
Maybe we have a different definition of "high quality"
I use to restore classic cars and did all the wet sanding and buffing. Those paint jobs ran thousands. I wouldnt think any paint job under 2,000 would be high quality.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:05 PM
lol wut?

Yeah, you're not getting "high" quality paint job for 1600. You might get it repainted in a decent way and you sure as hell aren't getting your door jambs or any other such places painted.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Unless the painter is some oxy head and needs a fix.
Here's a 66 vette I wet sanded and buffed out yesterday.
Trust me it cost more then 1600.00
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201881[/ATTACH]

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Matte, Carbon Fiber, Chrome and color change wraps?