GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

Pulled the motor and found some suprises....

Old 12-14-2003, 07:53 PM
What can Brown do for you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geez...that is scary
Old 12-14-2003, 08:17 PM
can survive...

I think I know what my oil pressure problem was from

Also, get this sh!t, The Eagle rods that are/ were in my motor were the WRONG rods. They had the right part numbers, but a totally different big end. The big end is made like a SBC and a LS1 rod is centered. I bought a new set for this rebuild, thats how I found out. Thats why I thought I had the rods in wrong, I had the wrong f&*(ing rods in the first place!
Old 12-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Camera Car!

Originally posted by Country Boy
I think I know what my oil pressure problem was from

Also, get this sh!t, The Eagle rods that are/ were in my motor were the WRONG rods. They had the right part numbers, but a totally different big end. The big end is made like a SBC and a LS1 rod is centered. I bought a new set for this rebuild, thats how I found out. Thats why I thought I had the rods in wrong, I had the wrong f&*(ing rods in the first place!
That sucks.. Who did you get them from? Dennis RODMAN??

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 12-15-2003, 03:56 AM
can survive...

Originally posted by DaTruth
That sucks.. Who did you get them from? Dennis RODMAN??

LOL... I think Ill plead the 5th on where the first ones came from.... ebay But they were new in the box and factory sealed so Im sure the seller didnt know either. It was a shop that sold them. This new set is from Futral
Old 12-15-2003, 08:39 AM
Camera Car!

LOL... I think Ill plead the 5th on where the first ones came from.... ebay But they were new in the box and factory sealed so Im sure the seller didnt know either. It was a shop that sold them. This new set is from Futral
I preach Futral all the time and I myself have not let Allan build the monster that I want yet, but he is going to build my next longblock. I am still stuck between 383ci Stroker and 408ci Iron Block..

My email:
vince99frc@gmail.com
Old 12-15-2003, 09:53 AM
//\0o/\\

what was that crap stuck in your oil pickup? looked like some metal, and fibers??
Old 12-15-2003, 10:52 AM
engine building &best

Default not to bad

here is a picture of one bearing in a b18c1 motor we built and ran to 10,320Rpm just melted them and cut them to hell it was funny
Old 12-15-2003, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Pulled the motor and found some suprises....

All I can say it this motor is toast I have a Valvegod LS6 block (peeps on the LS1 sites know whohe is) and they are NOT "ready to run" as Ill post a couple pics of the bearings. Some arent the blocks fault, but the bad one is. The line bore is WAY off.
Not sure if I read this right but are you saying you got a block from Valve god and didnt go over it with a micrometer before assembling it? I have heard it was always a good idea to have it checked and line honed before assembling? Im not trying to throw your mistake in your face just getting clarification. When you plastigauged it did all of the clearences look ok?
Old 12-15-2003, 03:07 PM
can survive...

Originally posted by DaTruth
I preach Futral all the time and I myself have not let Allan build the monster that I want yet, but he is going to build my next longblock. I am still stuck between 383ci Stroker and 408ci Iron Block..
I would do the 408. I was in the process of it, but backed out. I had a new GM 6.0 lined up and a Eagle 4" crank with some Lunati Pro Mod rods all ready to go, but I backed out. There comes a point that you have to enjoy the car and you cant be the fastest around. The bigger th bank account, the faster you are

Futral is an awesome guy. Weve talked a few times about parts and hes tried to help me with my low oil pressure problem. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a motor from him if I had the money!