GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

after driving a Z06 earlier tonite..

Old 04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Chowdah-head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by phoenix
OH YEAH Lot's Uncle Gotcha.
holy shit thats classic...im working w/ him tomorrow at moffitt, and im telling him you said that!! call me, 727-934-8590, oh ya...does juan really have a restaurant??
Old 04-01-2004, 07:09 PM

i drove a 98 or 99 ws6 auto,and wasnt to impressed ,i drove a 01 ss 6 speed omg i loved it ,i had to test drive one for my friend that is in the navy he couldnt get off the boat to test drive a car....now i got a qestion for the gm guys a guy i know bout a 99 c5 dumped alot of money in it and put a vortec sc on 5psi hes maken 422whp wtf and its not as fast as i though it would be , i think the ss i drove with the slp pakage wouldnt get beat to bad..there is alot behind this store like $10,000 to sc his c5 by race realted. and other stuff what do u guys think of that c5?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:36 PM
The little 5.0 that could

To spend 10 grand on a s/c when you can accoplish more hp with a moderate head/cam combo is laughable ...

Especially since they probably dyno'd it on the race related dyno if he had the work done there, because that dyno is reknown to exaggerate #'s.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Chowdah-head

i think race related's dyno is calibrated to show crank horsepower
Old 04-01-2004, 07:48 PM

at first i made fun of him now i feel bad so i want to try to help,
Old 04-02-2004, 08:28 PM

He needs to do a head/cam, and exhaust the stock ls1 is engineered to get the most ot of its stock setup. It will not take advantage of a SC with out at least a cam change it wasnt desinged for that it was desinged fer N/A.

Poppa,
No juan dont hve a restraunt yet and ill give ya a call sometime feel free to pm me or catch me on www.R.e.v.x.t.r.e.m.e.com

Last edited by phoenix; 04-03-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:55 AM
fab1up

Originally posted by TheShow50h
To spend 10 grand on a s/c when you can accoplish more hp with a moderate head/cam combo is laughable ...

Especially since they probably dyno'd it on the race related dyno if he had the work done there, because that dyno is reknown to exaggerate #'s.
First of all that gentleman who owns the C5 is very happy with it last we spoke.He got an intercooled vorthech kit installed,a B&B tri-flo all stainless very pricey exhaust system installed,cobalt gauges installed installed,42 lb. inj. installed,high pressure pumps installed, Jeremy from Formato Fasterproms came over and tuned it to his liking.Not exactly overcharged for 10K.The car came in w/ a second gear synchro grinding and somehow his friend blames us for it on TR.Anyhow and on to the exaggerated numbers BS.We for the longest time displayed STD not SAE correction.This is where the supposed exagerration is coming into play.Secret Services,Tune tech,Ramsey's,Ford Speed's,and Ourageuos Performance(out of Charlotte) all sample within ten horse of one another.So get your facts straight before you publically degrade people or their equipment.

James

Shop#727-561-9440