GM Tech - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn Tech Technical Discussion for General Motors Products both past and present

Black SS For Sale

Old 06-03-2004, 08:08 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man! Congrats!

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 06-03-2004, 01:36 PM

Thanks Hybrid. I will be out of town the next two weekends, but the weekend after, I would love to meet up with all of you. Ronnie has the car show every week right? I spoke to Jeremy today, and will be getting the tune in a couple of weeks. What else was planned for the Ghost? I would love to get the calendar and the brochure from you Ghost Rider.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:29 PM
The Firestarter

I had already purchased a Lingenfelter Performance Engineering cam shaft, and Competition Cam valve springs and retainers from Devil505. I was gonna do that, and have them re-do the p.c.m. simultaneous to the install. I was gonna be good to at that point, the suspension is tight ! You will find that you have enough power to pull ALL the way through 6th gear (that's sick) ; so we were gonna put the rev limiter at 7,000 instead of the 6,250 it's at now. I ended up selling that and a few other items. I had just gotten the smooth bellows a few months ago (not thinking I'd be getting out of it).

I was coming up with some good launch techniques, N/A, and spraying off the line, we'll talk when you're out and about in a couple of weekends.

BTW - her birthday is 2/24/2001

http://ghostrider.cz28.com
Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM
The Firestarter

Old 06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
can survive...

You made a very good choice on buying that car
Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 AM

Thanks country boy. Yeah I can't wait to see how much fun the thing is at the track. I have been pretty easy on her so far. I have played just a little bit, but not much. I have loved every minute of it. So what were the specs on the cam?

Last edited by obrien2; 06-04-2004 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:29 PM
The Firestarter

BTW - I forgot to tell you. YOUR car is scheduled to be featured on www.eastsideracer.com in July. I forgot I had that all set up a couple of months ago, they just e-mailed me a confirmation a few days ago. I let them know I traded it, but the feature is still on.

Congrats !

Thanks, Carl, I appreciate that. I no longer have the cam specs, I had the printout, but gave it to Gunslinger when I sold it. It was 114 LSA. I just wanted some more power and more importantly more rev range. I had only sprayed intermittently, but that car was fun on the hit. The set up was going to be VERY similar to Vince's (DA TRUTH) earlier combination.

Last edited by GhostRider; 06-04-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:33 PM

Well I have started looking into cam info. Hopefully I can find a good one soon. I plan to get it tuned next weekend. I need to setup an apointment with Jeremy. What will you guys be doing during the day on sat the 19th? I would love to meet up with you guys after I get the car tuned
Old 06-08-2004, 07:03 PM

whats up with the rex xtreme web site? it won't let me register. anyone know?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 PM
The Firestarter

Originally posted by obrien2
whats up with the rex xtreme web site? it won't let me register. anyone know?
Hmmm. I dunno what's up with that, I will shoot Jason a PM. The guys were happy G1 found a good home, and will be staying local. Hell, even if it kills half of us (or more), at least it's still around, and will be getting even better Dan was looking foreward to you introducing yourself, I will let them know there's a glitch.

BTW - it took me about three weeks to get driving this C5 down. I can get silly in it now Even though I had a C4, and they handle somewhat similarly, the size of the C5 is like the Enterprise D.

Here's the sigpic if you want it.

Last edited by GhostRider; 06-08-2004 at 10:01 PM.