Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Check Engine light/Test pipe...

Old 10-11-2001, 02:42 PM
--Hebrews 13:2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a test pipe on my civic and it ran smooth but today about 15 hours after installation the Check Engine Light came on. What could this be from?:barf:
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

--Matthew 6:19-21
Old 10-11-2001, 02:52 PM
Livin' in Seattle

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by AustinSi
I just installed a test pipe on my civic and it ran smooth but today about 15 hours after installation the Check Engine Light came on. What could this be from?:barf:
second O2 sensor signal data not within spec due to no catalyst.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:13 PM

I believe your O2 sensor was in your cat therefore it is no longer on your car which with obd2 just doesnt work. Give me a call tomorrow (friday) and Ill take a look 215-4830
-alan
Old 10-11-2001, 04:41 PM
--Hebrews 13:2

The sensor is hooked up to the test pipe how can I get rid of this check engine light? Take the negative terminal off the battery? Then when I replace it it will turn off right?
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

--Matthew 6:19-21
Old 10-11-2001, 04:48 PM

oh you did connect it? As long as it is connected properly try resetting the ecu. If it stays on then Bill is right on the money (surprise surprise) and its going to stay on.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:22 PM

Take it to the dealer and ask them to reset it. I know that they will ask but take it to a Honda dealer that you didnt get your car from and just ask them to reset the computer. It will go away. Thats what happened with my Golf.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:58 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Here is the correct answer:

Why that check Engine light? Because the second O2 sensor is not reading the correct values due to the loss of the catalytic converter.

How to overcome this?
1. Put Cat back in.
2. Covert to OBD 1 $$$
3. Smash Check engine light bulb
4. DEAL WITH IT.

Some say you can do some Tin foil trick but havent heard if it really works.

Either way unless you are running extremely high compression or Forced induction you will actually loose power due to lack of back pressure. I/H/E just arent enough to justify it. Sure it may SOUND faster...but it isnt. Sorry.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 10-11-2001, 08:53 PM
Livin' in Seattle

This topic has been discussed in great detail over and over again. Just do a search on the topic and youll find all the info you need on it.