Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Civic Coupe With Turbo B18C1 or Turbo GSR?

Old 05-22-2002, 04:47 PM
is cooler than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A b18c with boost can be fast....dunno what very fast is to you. To get them fast and reliable takes money and good tuning.

For good tuning I only recommend John (Mr Self Destruct on the board). Hes a cool mofo and certainly knows his shit.

Old 05-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Living the dream

ok well let me ask this....this girl at my school has like a 97 TT supra...just put big CHROME wheels on it (GAG!)...would i be able to at least hang with that kind of car? she has no mods whatsoever
Old 05-22-2002, 05:27 PM
is cooler than you

dunno bout that one. shes probably got you there.

Old 05-22-2002, 10:05 PM
TR Registered Member #5

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by POLLO
Originally Posted by Someone
Originally posted by jdm_b18c_eg6
actually the greddy kit IS THE BEST !! its just the best streetable kit (the mosy realiable) sucks ass when get an the track and pull high numbers
Wrong !

Anything from a piece by piece turbo or a turbo kit can be streetable and reliable you just need to know what you are doing. The biggest factor on reliability lays down not on which kit but how good your tuner is. Tuning Tuning Tuning Tuning. Just ask Pee Wee his accord runs very moslestable and I heard whoever tuned his car is awesome.
yaaaaaaaaa im pretty good at designing kits taylor installs it and john tunes it

Editor - Stangtv.com - Dragzine.com

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed manual Sterling Gray Metallic - New Project Car
SCT SF3 - FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack - Vortech 597 RWHP 476 lb/ft - 7.5 PSI

1965 Mustang - Blow thru Dart SBF 427ci with a Paxton NOVI-2500
Hydraulic roller, 91 octane, 1030HP

Old 05-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Living the dream

so how much do you think a turbo kit for a gsr engine would run me if you designed one?
Old 05-23-2002, 01:50 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by civicracer901
So a h22 huh? hmmmmm...i wonder what level of installtion that will take ...i wonder if anyone local know how to install one cause the long blocks are only like 2500. thats pretty good. I wonder if the same series trannys fit? I got some research to do now. heh! does the hood even shut it barley fits on the b18cs and that is a bigger engine. hmm...same axles or ones from a accord?Iam not sure?.I just might atempt this and sale my sir2 .
an h22 swap is one of the hardest from what i understand... and the body has to be perfectly straight for it to fit. granted there is alot of power waiting for you... but over all a turbo gs-r will be alot easier.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:33 PM
Living the dream

about the whole beating a supra deal...if you calculate the power to weight ratios....a coupe with a turbo b18c.....compared to a 3000something pound supra with only probably like 280 at the wheels is you figure in a 15-20% powertrain loss.....the civic has a better power to weight ratio.....the only thing the suprad have on me is launch right?
Old 05-24-2002, 12:42 PM
is cooler than you

Not meaning to sound rude but why are you so concerned with beating this Supra? Dont worry about the Supra just worry about your car and if it puts out the numbers you personally want to see....not just because it does or doesnt beat a Supra.

Old 05-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Living the dream

lol because I want to have THE fastes car at my school (Wharton H.S.) and no lie.....Ill do anythin it takes to have that . .its just a personal vendetta
Old 05-24-2002, 01:02 PM
is cooler than you

Well if thats what itll take to make you feel good about yourself then so be it. But personally I think you should just take pride in the fact that you have a nice car which is a lot more than many people have. It may not be the fastest but so what. You seem like a nice intelligent boy....dont worry about impressing people with material things...let people like you or respect you for you. Try not to worry so much about having the best or fastest car cause you might have the fastest car for awhile but youll be broke and it wont be long still someone mods their car or gets a new one thats even faster than yours. Its a battle you wont win and isnt worth fighting.

Just my $0.02