Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Car Startup Problems And Scenario!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey man its Kayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Startup Problems And Scenario!

I have a 95 integra b18c1 motor that i took the head off to rebuild, it has a five angle valve job. While the head was at the machine shop i checked the pistons in the block and it seemed fine. Prior to the head-work I had a blown head gasket so, i figured i would machine the head one time while change the gasket. The original engine bay harness was cut up, so i replaced it with another vtec harness, apparently a single cam harness that was "converted". Anyway the head bolts on the block, wired up, timing right, fuel in tank, grounds where they need to be, everything torqued to spec according to the Haynes manual, i have a jdm vtec solenoid so i did the pressure switch bypass, the car has spark, fuel, and compression, but it wont turn over! the distributor wire is correct for each spark plug, the injectors is giving fuel, i get backfire if i cross the distributor wires, the car has compression, idk why it wont turn over, the last thing on my mind is the wiring harness, is there like a top dead center wire or, could it be the harness, im clueless. please help!

could it be the valve lash maybe, i checked the distributor cell and its good, main relay is good, the car fuel pumps makes the whining noise, everything seems good its strange, could it be the harness, and how do you check a harness is converted correctly?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
EF Hatch

try to push start it to just see if it starts up. If so there may be a wiring problem or something else.

Cars:
94 taurus - sold
90 teggy - traded
90 b20swap - track project
95 civic LS/VTEC DD.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey man its Kayman

Thanks for the input hellabryan, any more would be appreciated!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
BOOSTIN

batterey good? take a screwdriver and touch the 2 terminals on the starter solenoid with the key switched to on and see if anything happens.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
engine building &best

If the head had a valve job u need to readjust them they r openi.g to soon adjust the rockers

175+served in engines built from minime to gsr/lsvtec,b16 b20vtec,d15 k24 powerhouses or just rebuilds.life is good
i like when people don't take my advice.cause then i make more money when u need it rebuild the right way!

how many speed holes do i need in my bumper,b4 i can run 15's?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey man its Kayman

Default settings

Originally Posted by rangcrx
If the head had a valve job u need to readjust them they r openi.g to soon adjust the rockers

is there rocker settings for a gsr?