Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

h22 in a del sol

Old 02-07-2003, 06:52 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone try to fit the motor from a S2000 in a del sol before??
Old 02-07-2003, 07:31 AM
pwns.

fabrication? for a h22a eg-chassis? BS!

www.jdmshit.com has the HCP mount kit (CHEAP!) with the a/c bracket. get axles from www.raxles.com and the shift linkage from hasport/modify your own, and you're on your way! The only thing abnormal about it with that kit is the wiring, PM letsrollagn about it.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:36 AM
pwns.

Originally posted by Alpha
Talk about understeer.
...not bad if you do it right...
Old 02-07-2003, 07:41 AM

hahahaha
man talk about so much bad or wrong info.
the civic/del sol bay IS tight, but its a lot easier to take the tranny out of a h22 in a civic than an accord!
the last few people to post have been more on than the starting posters.
its a little more work to get an h22 into a civic, its NOT that hard, more wiring, and it costs a little more as far as parts and labor. My h22a swap cost me about $500...including ALL parts for the swap, teh swap itself, and the car...as well as a direct port nitrous kit, and more...and it drives great!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:02 AM
proud father ;D

I've seen quite a few H22a swaps in civic's, I've also seen a few in CRX's. Del Sol engine bay is the same size as that of a Civic so the engine will drop right in with a mount kit. There are A TON of how-to's for an h22a swap into a civic. Just do a search on it. Check out h22a.org, there are a ton of guys on there with this swap done on just about any honda/acura you can think of! I'd personally say go for it! You could pick up an h23a1 bottom end and an h22a head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, etc and do a 2.3L VTEC ... would make some nice torque numbers As for motors, talk to Mark Marks95accord I've bought two JDM h22a's off him and I couldn't be happier with them. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

-Mike

http://www.myspace.com/jdmmike02

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2004 Kawasaki ZX6R - SOLD
Old 02-07-2003, 09:05 PM

I meet a guy in Miami that has an H22a in a sol. I talked to him about for a while nice guy, he said the main thing was there was a lot of odds and ends that people don't figure into swaping in a motor that wasn't meant to go in to that car. He said to me be prepared for the weirdest shit to go wrong, and to be very patient with the swap. With my meanless BS rambling, I say if your dead set on it do it, but don't going into it thinking your car is going to be fast right away, it is going to take some fine tuneing.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:20 PM
E & I Certified

<- H22 pwrd sol.. I love it. Ive never heard somebody who had an H22 complain about their car. I dont know who ppl hear from "my cousins best friends nephew saw an H22 at the shop and said the owner hated how it handled!" but its only true if your rolling on your stock suspension. which quite frankly should be your FIRST mod when you buy a car (esp sol) because they just plain suck from the factory. As for axles. I havent broken any yet. I guess you just need to know how to drive =) I did my swap myself in the garage with hand tools, and ran into quite a few surprises. but it sure is worth it. weight is not an issue. You can walk up to my car and you would never know it had an H series in it by the "Snow plow" that some ppl refer them as. It sits just the same as it did when it had the Si engine in it =)

I will say one thing though. If I had another hatch/sol/crx, it would be an LS Turbo.. not an lsvtec.. they are simple and easy to get great power from. not to mention cheap. First I would make sure I had a H22 in a sol.. but since I have that already. I think its time to sell my accord and look for a new project =)