A Night Out

Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
ryu
JUDGE RACING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gump
It wasn't an issue with the tune...I whole heartedly trust the man who did the tuning on the car.

The failure (at least with the piston) was a result of the sump pump set up on the fuel system. The sadle design of the tank on the X most likely resulted in fuel being slosed away from the pump (only about an 1/8 of a tank of sunoco 117 in the car at the time). The momentary lack of fuel at 8500rpm's is what more than likely caused the problem.

I'm a bit dumb on the issue but that is how it was explained to me.
So in other words the failure was caused by the negligence of the one's that the car was entrusted too, Rob and Dave @ FBI seeing as they took the car out to the track and were completely responsible for the condition of the vehicle prior to running it down the track.

FP Red/Stock Block- 10.301@132.93mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2CqirgpFeM

Hta3582 w-.63Tial/Stock Block- 9.96@139.83mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjaKUnUZNk

Tampa's Quickest Mitsubishi

JUDGE RACING
Join us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Judge-Racing/203463879689026

Sponsored by:
MAPerformance

Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM
Boostaholic

Who the hell races with only 1/8th of a tank

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM

You never owned a honda? wieght reduction ftw!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Boostaholic

Weight reduction in the tank and in the block FTW

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 PM

VTEC never loose!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gump
It wasn't an issue with the tune...I whole heartedly trust the man who did the tuning on the car.

The failure (at least with the piston) was a result of the sump pump set up on the fuel system. The sadle design of the tank on the X most likely resulted in fuel being slosed away from the pump (only about an 1/8 of a tank of sunoco 117 in the car at the time). The momentary lack of fuel at 8500rpm's is what more than likely caused the problem.

I'm a bit dumb on the issue but that is how it was explained to me.
Why do you continue to allow them to lie to you? That car wasn't runing right the last track even before it blew. Car was running pig rich one minute then lean the next. I was at the track. The car was starved of fuel from tank or tune and popped. Come on bro you put your life on the line to pay for your hobbies don't ket some fucks play you for a fool. Call AMS or other big evo guys ask questions they will educate you. They aren't shy on and questions. Hope you get a great car when all said and done bro.

Tuning, Builds, Assembly, Turbo Installs, Repairs and More

inductionperformance.com

Old 09-30-2010, 02:54 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by andy
alll i have to say is that i dont care what that bitch post online i bet he wont tell me in my face alll the other people that r talking shit suck a dick n yeah my piston r fuck up but it shows how much yall scared of me when miguel has to go to someelse shop to look at my motor, n i love to tell yall ryu is a fucking faggot , but my motor is done n ready but now i dont want to race ryu no more cus his only running 10.3 . not worth my time n after he got robbed for 2500 i dont think he got any more money left to give me , but i want any car from darkside to call me out cus everything from there is slow. n by the way yall need to stop hating lil girls , yalll have a nice day
Lmao. who do you think you are Paris Hilton, I don't give two shits about you more less your motor. It so happens that we both use the same guy to do head work lmao.... get over yourself, don't talk shit to me cause I will stomp a hole in your ass.... My car is from Darkside, call me out and we will run for $500 as soon as it's tuned lmk playa as you guys say holla... tu es los loco si, los loco kick your ass los loco kick your face los loco kick your ballas into outer spaaaaace!!! LMAO

Originally Posted by ryu
What you really said was:
I should have done my research before I stuck my foot in my mouth by trying to call out Ryu. Now that I am backed into a corner realizing he's running low 10's I know I don't stand a chance. Now I must back pedal and show my desperation by using obscene amounts of broken English profanity in a single post to disguise that I'm actually a scared little pussy and do not wish to have my ass handed to me at the track by Ryu. Now I am going to try and pick on Darkside in hopes that one of their cars is running a much slower time. Please stop making fun of me, your all hurting my feelings.
+1

Originally Posted by tC=turboCoupe
u act like they dont make other pistons... or he hasnt bought new ones..
Yea I'm sure they do, and they're probably stolen from someone elses build

Originally Posted by JOKIETUNING
Ummm. No. I talk to him every weekend and he for sure had a hole in his piston. Good try. Lil chimp fuck. Lmao
So are you saying that Beenie is blaming his tuner for his engine failure? Post it I want to see you say that Beenie is blaming Drew for this failure, that you heard this out of his mouth...... Type it, I want to see it, say it, I want to hold the both of you to it.... Lets here it cock munch...

Last edited by THE_ONE; 09-30-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
TR Shop Mod

Every big shop that knows about running an evo at the track always tell you to NEVER drag race the car on less than a quarter a tank on the stock tank. This has been a known fact for a long time. The horse shoe shaped tank are on of the most inconsistent fuel supplying tanks ever made, even when a sump is installed. This is common knowledge. Hence why most people who use the stock tank feed fuel to a smaller surge tank. Then the feed out of that to the fuel rail.

On top of that, considering that gas is about 8 lb per gallon. The difference between an 1/8 and a 1/4 is only about 1.75 gallon. This is assuming that the X has a 14 gallon tank like the IX. So in short, your engine got starved for fuel over less than 16 lbs. Not worth the weight reduction in my opinion. Just because you have a bosch or aeromotive fuel pump does not mean that it can supply fuel under all condition. Plus if anyone has looked a fuel pump housing made by mitsu, you will notice that the sump line from the passenger side of the tank is only about 3/16 inch inside diameter. So the flow from one side of the tank to the side of the fuel pump will never match the fuel pump itself. Reason being the fact that the main fuel line to the rail is 5/16. You would be amazed how much the volume of fuel can change when just 1/16 is added in size.

Last edited by cyloc; 09-30-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:55 PM

[quote=THE_ONE;8221461]Lmao. who do you think you are Paris Hilton, I don't give two shits about you more less your motor. It so happens that we both use the same guy to do head work lmao.... get over yourself, don't talk shit to me cause I will stomp a hole in your ass.... My car is from Darkside, call me out and we will run for $500 as soon as it's tuned lmk playa as you guys say holla... tu es los loco si, los loco kick your ass los loco kick your face los loco kick your ballas into outer spaaaaace!!! LMAO

eso si miguel muchos guapos en tr

10.6@136 k20
ALPHA TUNING For all of your tuning needs 7275051423 Induction Performance

BUILT BY KJ
Old 09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Brap Brap Brap

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
Lmao. who do you think you are Paris Hilton, I don't give two shits about you more less your motor. It so happens that we both use the same guy to do head work lmao.... get over yourself, don't talk shit to me cause I will stomp a hole in your ass.... My car is from Darkside, call me out and we will run for $500 as soon as it's tuned lmk playa as you guys say holla... tu es los loco si, los loco kick your ass los loco kick your face los loco kick your ballas into outer spaaaaace!!! LMAO

+1

Yea I'm sure they do, and they're probably stolen from someone elses build

So are you saying that Beenie is blaming his tuner for his engine failure? Post it I want to see you say that Beenie is blaming Drew for this failure, that you heard this out of his mouth...... Type it, I want to see it, say it, I want to hold the both of you to it.... Lets here it cock munch...
I never said he blamed drew.. I SAID IT'S THE TUNER. But I do like the short circuit quote....hey laser lips yo momma's a snowblower

*11 sec club*

Last edited by JOKIETUNING; 09-30-2010 at 04:03 PM.