A Night Out

Old 08-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Pump Gas Pimps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryu
Cuco's Evo has nothing to do with this conversation seeing as it's a completely different car and could have been dyno'd at FBI with completely different settings. As far as my "stock block hp records" I have absolutely no idea WTF your even talking about. I have never claimed any sort of horsepower records ever with my car. This certainly shows how desperate you are at TRYING to gain credibility by grasping for straws and making things up that I never even said. I'll tell you what, if you can find one single post of mine on ANY forum where I claimed a dyno horsepower record with my Evo I'll paypal you $500 but you might as well be looking for a unicorn.

Ok now onto educating you on trap speeds and how 60ft's adversely affect them seeing as you are under a false assumption that a lower 60ft will increase a car's trap speed. I'll try to put this in very simple terms so hopefully even YOU can understand. If the two identical Evo's ,with identical powerbands, hitting all the exact same shift points runs down a track and one gets a 1.8 60ft and the other gets a 1.5 60ft the Evo with the 1.8 60ft will trap HIGHER then the car with the 1.5 60ft. Why you may ask? Because the car with the worse 60ft then has more time down the track to gain speed where as the car with the better launch out of the hole will ET quicker and have less time to reach the mph that the other Evo will reach.

As for the car going on a dynojet and breaking 900whp, well it certainly won't do it while it's in a state of only trapping 139mph. It will take ALOT more for that to happen even though with your ignorance and lack of education on Evo's, or even cars in general for that matter, thinks otherwise.

Why am I not surprised that out of all the posts on the last few pages you respond to the one that has to do with putting meat in your mouth.
I understand how 60 foots work ya mook. I didn't say it would trap higher with a quicker 60 foot. LOL please show me that post where i said it... What you failed to read was the fact that the car went 139mph BREAKING UP, and on the 10.5 pass it shut down early and coasted through the traps @128mph after the intercooler pipe blew.

The car has a lot more left in it... first time at the track and they had to work out some bugs.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 PM
ryu
JUDGE RACING

Originally Posted by 2 ROWDY
I understand how 60 foots work ya mook. I didn't say it would trap higher with a quicker 60 foot. LOL please show me that post where i said it...
You cannot determine the HP from a trap speed unless the 60-foot times are identical. The FBI EvoX was only managing 1.7-1.8 60-foots; while AMS was doing consistant 1.5's on better tires.
Sure sounds like you were insinuating that the trap speeds would be higher with AMS's 1.5 60ft's to me "ya mook"

FP Red/Stock Block- 10.301@132.93mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2CqirgpFeM

Hta3582 w-.63Tial/Stock Block- 9.96@139.83mph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjaKUnUZNk

Tampa's Quickest Mitsubishi

JUDGE RACING
Join us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Judge-Racing/203463879689026

Sponsored by:
MAPerformance

Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 PM
JR.

will someone lock this thread already...

Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

Nope not yet
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:06 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by ryu
Why am I not surprised that out of all the posts on the last few pages you respond to the one that has to do with putting meat in your mouth.
OMG LMFAO!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 AM
500+ hp club

popcorn anyone?? mmm good

EG-6 500+whp alpha tuned
JOKIE TUNING
INDUCTION PERFORMANCE
RI AUTOMOTIVE
Sharp custom coatings

WicKed WayZ 4 LYFE RIP
HoG3TT3R & MADDAD
Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 AM
TR Shop Mod

Do you make over 800whp?

Did you set the previous world record in AMS's Evo?

Have you run 8's?
First off I was not trying to argue. Second, I did not need to make 800 to break 9s. I did it on 660hp on street tires. Plus this car will not run 8s so where does that come into play. Third the question were not directed toward the guy behind the camera. They were more for the guys that know about evos LIKE ROB AND DAVE. Next time need advice on video footage I will ask you, or if I need some dumb shit done like drive a mustang off a dyno.

On top of all that, You do realize the AMS car was only on 35 psi and not 42 psi like Gump's evo. Jester posted the picture of the boost, HOP and TQ on facebook. So do the math on the AVERAGE that each psi can produce 10 to 12hp. That means that AMS still have either 70 to 84 HP left to just match Gump's evo. Plus everyone knows that AMS does not push their cars until they need too. NO one has come close enough yet. FBI will be the first to knock on their door step. That alone is something great for Dave.

Last edited by cyloc; 08-07-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:36 AM
TR Shop Mod

The car has a lot more left in it... first time at the track and they had to work out some bugs.
That is what my questions were about the bugs being worked out.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 AM

I don't think you guys understand...

First pass: tires spun, aborted run.

(turned down 2 step)

2nd pass:
He had a 1.7 60 foot, the car broke up in 3rd and 4th and still ran a 10.8 @ 139mph running out of gear top of 4th...

(plugs were changed to fix the break up)

next pass...

Car left with a 1.8 60 foot. The car ran clean until the shift to 4th gear when the intercool pipe blew off. The car coasted to a 10.5 @ 128mph

The car didn't make one clean pass... therefore, you cannot calculate accurate HP from that when the car was either breaking up or shutting down early.

PS-where did u get the 10.2 from? lol

Go to the track on saturday and watch it run low 10's and maybe a high 9...
I made a casual statement in reference to your statements. You stated the car made 880whp the night before going to the track. And then it trapped 139mph. And then you were bragging that you are winning the discussion and this car is gonna make 900whp and shut everyone up. At least that is what i got from your statements.

My statement was to clear the air on how to calculate true HP. You seem to be under the impression the HP numbers this car is making at the dyno is correct. And anyone who tries to point out the contrary is an idiot.

There are three HP measurements worth discussing.
fly wheel horsepower = this would be the power an engine makes measured on an engine dyno measured at the flywheel. rolling road dyno = the power measured at the tires after HP is lost in the driveline. and third the track = true measurement of HP.

HP by definition equals the work done divided by the time frame the work was done in. This is very easy to calculate form having the weight of the car and the time it took to move that weight 1/4 mile. Thats why i stated HP calculators are far more accurate at measuring HP.

I do realize the car has to make a good pass to get the HP calculator to give an accurate reading. I wasnt there at the track so I cant comment on how bad the pass was. But I can comment on how fast the car should go using the HP calculator.

The FBI dyno says its making 880whp.
the HP calculator says with 1000 flywheel HP and 3650lbs. the car should trap 9.0 at 154MPH.

lets us know when the car does that then we will all apologize for trying to correct the HP numbers that are being touted here.

as a side note. yes dynojets read like engine dynoes. thats why tuners and shops love them. they give high numbers and that makes people happy and it makes the shop and tuner look good. as an example here. the X runs good on FBI dyno. gives great numbers. It goes to titan dyno and doesnt run good, it goes to track and doesnt run good. that doesnt look good from where I am sitting. what good is making big numbers if it only does it on the FBI dyno??

Maybe my suggestion to FBI was a good one? A dyno is a tuning tool. Its most important job is to mimic the load that a car sees when it is actually driven on the road. In order to check whether or not the dyno does that is quite simple. Run a log of car on street. do a pull in forth gear from 30 - 100. measure time from 50-90. repeat on dyno and compare time from 50-90. this number should be identical. If not then it is quite clear the dyno is not loading the car correctly. when manipulating the dyno to read high numbers you are unloading the rollers so the car looks like its accelerating faster than it actually does on the street. this is a bad thing. it throws the tune off. If I owned a dyno with loading characteristics I would do this test with every different type of car that came in till I had good setting to enter into the dyno for each type of car. At this point the dyno will read lower than a dynojet. but it will gives accurate tunes. whats more important? inflated HP numbers that are fun to boast? or true numbers and a car that runs just as well on the street and track than it does on the dyno ?
my favorite quote
"if the solution is simple, God is answering"

Last edited by lancerman; 08-07-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Kiss Mi Ras!!!!!!

Old man Jerry. Smart guy
JumpManPm me for any needs for a Honda/Acura/Evo. From tune ups to motor builds TR "Old Skool DA" Member #91Still Jokie!!!!!!!!!