2000 Insight TURBO

Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 AM
John @ LHT Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Insight TURBO

This insight is in need of a little more power without giving up gas mileage, This came all the way from Michigan for one of turbos.
We have done several of these kits and they have reported an increase in gas mileage as well as more pulling power.At a minimal 5 psi we see an increase of about 35 whp.
For those that have never seen one up close, it has a 3 cylinder engine tied to a electric motor. The Electric motor adds power on demand kind of like a supercharger and chargers the the 144v battery park under de accelaration and braking. The gas motor always runs unless sitting at a light in neutral when it's shuts off.

This is how they look stock

This is how the stock exhaust looks, . Remember this 3 clyinder motor only make 63hp with the electric motor.

This is the finished product after the LHT turbo kit is installed and test driven.Of course with a little LHT clean up. I hope the pride shows in our work, but we always go the extra mile to give value for money spent.

The intercooler piping was powder coated wrikle black for a very OEM look and for protection from the Michigan elements.

We built a LHT stainless steel Stealth exhaust , we uses 50mm which is about 35% increase in flow and combined with a magnaflow resonator and muffler. It is still very quiet exhaust and uses the stock hole in the bumper for the tip.

We will update this more later with the details .

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

13 years in the same location.

** HONDATA Authorized Dealer+ Tuner **

01 Type R-647whp street car w' AC - Cover of turbo magazine Feb 2008

01 K20a INSIGHT - Cover of Honda Tuning magazine June 2008

2011 KR-Z K20 powered CR-Z -Cover of Honda Tuning magazine April 2011

Last edited by MrLHT; 09-14-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned

looks nice!

always good work
Old 03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
RIP Kevin

Amazing! Your shop is constantly making me want to get a Honda/Acura to play with. One of my customers at Acura (I work in Parts) pointed me to your shop and am now a big fan of your stuff. Keep up the good work and keep these clean swaps coming!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
starting over

omfg lol i want one now!

RIP PABLO AKA FATHEAD.....YOU WILL BE MISSED!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
John @ LHT Performance

They run surprizing well with our turbo set up.With the Gt15/18R ball bearing turbo they spool right off idle and start making positive pressure around 2000 rpm.
Driving the car has the power close to D16y7 but 3 time the gas mileage, Punch the gas in 1st gear and it will spin the tires.
We did the first turbo Insight about 4 years ago and it's still running strong with the life time gas milelage increase of 1.5.
Not as fast as our K-Sight but awesome gas mileage, $4 a gallon doesn't bother the Insght crowd.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

Last edited by MrLHT; 03-26-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:27 AM
John @ LHT Performance

The Customer reported the trip back to Michigan was trouble free and is thrilled with the added power and quicker "Lean burn" conditions.
The temps were -20F and snow stroms when he crossed the state line. I'm glad I live in Florida.

727 344 1800

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Zero By Default

damn thats so sick what did the kit end up running in price

37. Before allowing a drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one intervention. If he can get up on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver a "fuck off" then you are absolved from all responsibility.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Saving you gas at 58 MPG!

Default 2001 Honda Insight

Hello there, I hope this is the same John that has that red K-Sight Honda Insight that I read about in Honda Tuning magazine. I read that you are part of LHT Performance correct? Hope I found the right person! LOL!
I too drive a silver 2001 Honda Insight, and I live in Colorado where our car's lose horsepower due to the high altitude.
My Dad and I have been talking about various way's of improving my car's performance. When I drive the car, it feel's like it want's to play but just can't quite do it. I'm not to concerned about my top end, but I would like quicker 0-60 acceleration.
How much would one of your turbo-charger kit's cost for my Insight? I'd need the complete package from the Turbo, intake, exaust, pipes, manifold, everything needed to make the car work with the turbo.
Did I read right that you gained an extra 30some HP?
My causin works for a company here in the Springs that tests dyno's and we put the Insight on one of his machiens and we found out that the little car produces a whimpy 51 HP. We sure would love to have one of your tubo systems if there not too expensive. Please e-mail me at Marccrx@aol.com and give me some details please! I'm dying for some more performance from my car!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:49 AM
John @ LHT Performance

The complete kit installed on the car runs $3995.

We do not offer this this as a kit without the install, we will soon be offering a starter kit.

Like this https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/l...kit-yes-c.html

727 344 1800

Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Hey its that guy!!

Wow never knew you could turbo the stock 3 cyl motor...

Great job again guys!!!

seen the K-sight out at Jdm dreams last year..