Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

new mazdaspeed protege

Old 07-21-2003, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm 6'2 and it is very comfortable alot more then the other car's i was looking at and it fit's 4 human sized people i suggest this car very highly.it's not a monster yet but it will be. hope to see you out their with your's???????????????????????????

Wanna trade car's?
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...tons-more.html
Old 07-21-2003, 06:20 AM
cone junkie

Originally posted by MSPEED2
I'M DANNY'S BOY WITH THE CAR WHARE ARE U GETTING YOUR INFO THEIR ARE PEOPLE BOOSTING UP TO 20 PSI ON THE STOCK MOTOR YOUR VERY MISINFORMED ON THIS CAR STICK TO YOUR 323 AND YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT MSPROTEGE.COM MORE AFTER MARKET SUPPORT WILL COME THEIR IS ALREADY A TURBO UPGRADE FOR IT ON SPOOL-TURBO.COM ANYWAYS IT A VERY GOOD CAR BUY ONE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MISINFORMED DUDE. AS FOR SPEC'S DO NOT EXPECT THE CAR TO BE A 12SEC CAR OFF THE LOT. SCC JAN03 TESTED IT 150LB-FT/150HP AT THE WHEEL'S QT MILE TIME IS 15.5SEC@89.4MPH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW. WHAT'S UP DANNY.I LOVE MY CAR F#@K THE HATER'S.
The haters?

www.protegeclub.com/forum ;I think you'll see that I'm one of the biggest Protege fans out there... same screen name as here.

Unfortunately, you are misinformed in addition to having poor typing skills. The FS motor won't hold 20 psi on a turbo that isn't a heat pump above 15 psi.... not for long as least. If you want to talk about FS potential, you need to talk to the old school guys. Bryan Pemberton being the man... Working on FS's since the late 90's, not the people who bought a MSP a few months ago and think they are the end all and be all of performance knowledge for the FS motors.

Beyond that, first mod I'd do to the car are the FSZE intake cam, and Mazdaspeed exhaust cam, both are quite inexpensive.

If you'd like to have a REAL discussion about the car and it's potential, that's cool with me. If you're going to sound like a 7 year old throwing a temper tantrum, we'll move along.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-21-2003, 06:32 AM

price is $19,980 fuel cut is at 7400rpm i know all about it Lateral grip (200-ft skidpad) is 0.89g try that in your 323 hahahaha curb weight is 2,810lbs slalom speed (six cone,700-ft slalom)is 70.3mph try that in a neon srt-4 hahaha pound's per wheel hp is 18.7lb/hp watch out for price's i have heard people are paying as much as $28,000 for one be cause once their gone their gone.and dealer's know this man.

Wanna trade car's?

Last edited by mspd267; 07-28-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:45 AM
813-326-2669

get em boy!!!!
ummmm!if i can recall a orange msp in tampa is boosting what..........20psi on stock internals whith no exaust and manual boost controller.what do u think about them apples partner!!
Old 07-21-2003, 06:46 AM

i'm not a computer nerd and my typeing skill's suck but i'm not an 18yr old kid who does not know what their talking about and i'm not talking about about the stock turbo i'm talking about 20psi to the stock bottom end . and i don't know about you but to me that is a testament to how strong mazda build's it's piston engine's sorry if ped you off but please don't put down my car.holla.

Wanna trade car's?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:46 AM
813-326-2669

just because u cant afford a msp dont hate on others its not their falt u drive a 323...LOL
Old 07-21-2003, 07:12 AM
cone junkie

Actually, I drive the MR2 now. The Protege (not a 323, 323 was the BF chassis, my car was a BG chassis...) was totalled last September coming back from the Solo2 National Championships.

And FWIW, my Protege could skidpad ~.95... that was tested by ME, on a real skidpad, not a magazine editor.

Also, the SRT-4 slalom tested at 69.0 mph, not too far off the MSP. It's in a skidpad that it wouldn't compare....because of the lack of camber, and it achieved .85 there, mainly due to running wider tires than the MSP.

Looks like you also need to pickup a copy of Corky Bell's Maximum Boost. A non-stock turbo running 20+ lbs of boost on stock internals? That's just somewhat hard to believe when the REST of the freaking FS world are starting to break rods above 12 on the stock turbo. A larger turbo would be MORE efficient at higher boost levels and would put MORE stress on the weak rods. The FS well tuned with a decent turbo will pass 200whp on less than 10 lbs of boost. 22 lbs would be well in excess of the yeild point on the internals.

If you want to talk about strong mazda piston motors, you talk about the B6, BP, and FE3, not the FS, FP... Please read up on what you're trying to bullshit about.

You guys aren't even reading what I'm saying. The car is great. I'd buy one if I wanted a 4 door right now... BUT...

the FS motor is NOT a "cool" motor as far as mazda piston motors go IMHO. Cool Mazda motors would be the K series v6s, B series I-4s, and the FE3/FE3-T which were just freaking badass. (170 lb-ft from a NA 2L back in the mid 90's, 40 higher than the FS with the same displacement.)

As i said before, it's great if you want to keep it relatively stock and have a cool, fun, good looking, great handling car...

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-21-2003, 07:54 AM
huevo splash!

the thing is, with my car, im not gonna mod the shit out of this car. im going to try to put a boost controller and exhaust kit in it because my dad will probably not let me do too many things to it because im an inexperienced driver and he wants this car to stay as reliable as possible. im not looking for imense aftermarket support, just a few good parts from respectable brands.

What Would Lao Tzu Do?
Old 07-21-2003, 08:25 AM
cone junkie

Then it's the car for you.

to MSPEED2, yeah, I've searched around on MSProtege.com, since it was created....and guess what, nobody is talkinga bout running 20+ lbs of boost on stock internals.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-21-2003, 08:35 AM
huevo splash!

i wasnt counting on 20psi, i was looking more towards 14 or so.

What Would Lao Tzu Do?