Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

new mazdaspeed protege

Old 07-20-2003, 05:42 PM
huevo splash!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mazdaspeed protege

hey, ive been thinking of getting a mazdaspeed protege and i want to know some of the specs on it including quarter mile time, base price, reliability, red line, and if u think i should get one. thanx

What Would Lao Tzu Do?
Old 07-20-2003, 08:12 PM
cone junkie

The car is a good choice if...

a) you value handling over power
b) you DON'T want a 12 second car
c) you LIKE the idea of a factory hot rod
d) you look at the OVERALL car instead of numbers
e) you like having the best FWD driver interface available

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-20-2003, 08:21 PM
813-326-2669

Default ITS A GOOD CAR

MY BOY HAS ONE ITS A TIGHT CAR FOR A GOOD PRICE.THE CAR IS FAST AND HAS A LOT OF PONTENTIAL BUT FACTORY WISE ITS OK IT HAS A LOT OF TURBO LAG AND SOUND SYSTEM LOOKS BETTER THAN HOW IT SOUNDS FOR FOR 19K ITS A GOOD CAR THE WARRANTY IS THE BEST OF THE BEST.4 YEAR 40K MILES THAT COVERS EVERYTHING FROM TIRES TO FLOOR MATS.HERES A PIC OF MY BOYS MAZDASPEED
Old 07-20-2003, 09:30 PM
huevo splash!

wow, thats such a sweet looking car. its not so tiny and uncomfortable looking like some of the other cars ive been considering, and it looks like what u said, a factory hot rod.

What Would Lao Tzu Do?
Old 07-20-2003, 10:35 PM
cone junkie

Default Re: ITS A GOOD CAR

Originally posted by DANNYONE
MY BOY HAS ONE ITS A TIGHT CAR FOR A GOOD PRICE.THE CAR IS FAST AND HAS A LOT OF PONTENTIAL BUT FACTORY WISE ITS OK IT HAS A LOT OF TURBO LAG AND SOUND SYSTEM LOOKS BETTER THAN HOW IT SOUNDS FOR FOR 19K ITS A GOOD CAR THE WARRANTY IS THE BEST OF THE BEST.4 YEAR 40K MILES THAT COVERS EVERYTHING FROM TIRES TO FLOOR MATS.HERES A PIC OF MY BOYS MAZDASPEED
Danny, please do not post in all caps. It's hard to read, and usually refers to yelling when talking online.

Also maybe trying using some punctuation, please.

The motor does NOT have a lot of potential. Infact, the FS motor is the worst Mazda piston motor IMO since it's older brother the F2T graced us in the late 80's.

It's not THAT fast. It's a 2800 fwd with ~140 whp and ~140 lb-ft at the wheels. You're still looking at low to mid 15s.

This car is designed around suspension, NOT the motor. The motor was an afterthought and isn't terribly impressive.

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-20-2003, 10:48 PM
813-326-2669

Not all people want a 4dr to do 12 sec.Some people just want a nice car with some type of power for daily driving.The protege beats alot of stock cars that are out these days expect the srt 4 .The car does have good handaling and i do agree with you on the motor isuue but everyone knows within a couple of months aftermarket companies are going to tons of things to improve this car.for 19k what do u expect.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 PM
813-326-2669

Another thing. My friend is having 3 problems with his.#1-the turbo has a lot of lag at high boost#2When he brakes the ABS is making this tick noise#3When he goes below a quater tank of gas the car will not boost very well as if he have a full tank.What do u think this could be?
Old 07-20-2003, 11:04 PM
cone junkie

Originally posted by DANNYONE
Not all people want a 4dr to do 12 sec.Some people just want a nice car with some type of power for daily driving.The protege beats alot of stock cars that are out these days expect the srt 4 .The car does have good handaling and i do agree with you on the motor isuue but everyone knows within a couple of months aftermarket companies are going to tons of things to improve this car.for 19k what do u expect.
The aftermarket isn't going to get too big on the car, since it's pretty uncommon, and limited quantity.

Also, all the aftermarket in the world isn't going to help the fact that the motor simply isn't all that good...the head isn't great, the internals aren't too strong, the ecu is a pain to deal with, etc....

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 07-20-2003, 11:08 PM
813-326-2669

I heard mazda is having a recall to reflash the ecu
Old 07-21-2003, 06:01 AM

I'M DANNY'S BOY WITH THE CAR WHARE ARE U GETTING YOUR INFO THEIR ARE PEOPLE BOOSTING UP TO 20 PSI ON THE STOCK MOTOR YOUR VERY MISINFORMED ON THIS CAR STICK TO YOUR 323 AND YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT MSPROTEGE.COM MORE AFTER MARKET SUPPORT WILL COME THEIR IS ALREADY A TURBO UPGRADE FOR IT ON SPOOL-TURBO.COM ANYWAYS IT A VERY GOOD CAR BUY ONE YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MISINFORMED DUDE. AS FOR SPEC'S DO NOT EXPECT THE CAR TO BE A 12SEC CAR OFF THE LOT. SCC JAN03 TESTED IT 150LB-FT/150HP AT THE WHEEL'S QT MILE TIME IS 15.5SEC@89.4MPH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW. WHAT'S UP DANNY.I LOVE MY CAR F#@K THE HATER'S.

Wanna trade car's?
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/c...tons-more.html