Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

weird starting issues

Old 10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
FL,..gods waiting room!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird starting issues

so my cars been driving fine ever since i got it on the road on thursday morning the car was dead. no power like a drained battery. even tried boosting it but wouldnt take charge. went out bought a booster hooked it up tonight on friday ..still wouldnt work..unplug the thing..give it one try and it starts righ tup.. before that the lights were werking but when i turned the key it wouldnt turn just made some strange noise under the dash.. like a flickering noise..but it just started like nothing was wrong after..has anyone had any problems like this..the battery was totally dead on thursday. now all of a sudden theres power. im afraid to drive it cuz im not gonna deal with getting stuck somewhere..any clues?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
11 second club

what kind of condition are your terminals in? maybe they were loose or need replacing. maybe your alternator is going bad and cant charge your battery. maybe I'm stupid and dont know a damn thing-so someone else can give their .02 as well
Old 10-28-2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by chillllll
what kind of condition are your terminals in? maybe they were loose or need replacing. maybe your alternator is going bad and cant charge your battery. maybe I'm stupid and dont know a damn thing-so someone else can give their .02 as well
I was thinking poor connection at the terminals as well.

Anthony, take the thing up to AAP and have them do a charging system test and battery test. If you have time bring it up to my shop and I will do it for you.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
FL,..gods waiting room!!

it cant be the terminals..when it was dead..it had no power then it had power but when i turned the key ..i heard a noise under the dash..like afluttering... then i tried again..and it just started right up. i dunno. im so tired of this fuckin car.

edit:ok so i tried to jump it and it started..let it run for 10 min..shut it off and it was dead..hooked up the booster and it started...but the thing is..could a battery just hit the shitter over night like that..it stays on so i know the alternator is good. i just cant understand how one day the battery is good then the next its dead as wood

Last edited by TrboANTsi; 10-28-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
back in a 4g63

almost sounds like the ecu is going bad..

the fluttering/ticking you mentioned might be the ecu turning on and off trying to establish a good connection with your car (ok thats the best way i could describe it).

On my 1g, I had the same problem. Every once in a while it wouldnt start right up, I would have to try starting it, and then wait a while, and it would start right up. Sometimes it would even start cranking and then stop and nothing.

i dont know if its the ecu for sure, but it sounds like that.

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 AM
FL,..gods waiting room!!

sound like it..i mean i do have an eprom and link..but im waiting..to put that in..i think its the battery after work im heading to aap to have them test it.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
11 second club

My ex-gf's battery did this one night. She went into 7-11 and came out and it just died-clicked like a normal dead battery would. I added water to it and jumped it and it fixed it
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Hey whats up saw your thread. 2G were wierd like that only a few it could be the positive wire some times it get very hot some times melts a little in side never know what causes it but it does. It was how the attach the alternator with the starter use same wire feed but split, that click you here is the relay box under the dash where the steering bracket is it makes that noise when there is not enough juice it makes a fast click multiple times. It could be your alternator to the car is ten years old already.Do you have a sound system that can lead to a problem.Hope this helps and if you fix it well ride it like you stole it.

DSM Give it boobst and it will blow a head.lol
Old 10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Eis Aner Oudeis Aner

When was the last time you had the battery replaced? I think the first step like you said would have the battery tested, then I would try swapping an ecu and see if the problem persists.