Mitsubishi Tech AWD and all things DSM Central

LCA question

Old 10-26-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA question

On my 2g FWD, there are some clunking noises coming from the front end. I can't always reproduce it, but it usually happens if I have the wheel cut all the way to the right, and start reversing, I get one or two popping/clunking noises. Sounds like its coming from the front left under the shock tower, and I get a quieter noise from the passenger side. When I put it back into first and take off, it seems like it clunks its way back into place. Also my steering has been getting sloppier and sloppier, mainly under acceleration and braking, as the noise has gotten louder.

I got under the car the other day with a rubber mallet, I couldn't find any loose nuts or bolts, cracked bushings etc, but I did notice the front lower compression/control arm (the curved one near the rear of the front suspension) is very easily moved up and down at the bushing. They're not supposed to be that soft are they? I can grab the middle of the arm with one hand and move it about an inch in either direction. Does it sound like that could be my problem?

I noticed SBR sells the lower control arm bushings, but it doesnt say which arm. Are they the same perhaps?

Thanks for any help!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Judging by that picture of the energy suspension lower control arm bushing kit, it looks like it comes with replacements for both the lower arms, so if anyone else couldn't figure that out, here ya go lol
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM

your front CV axles went bad.. and from the sound of it your boots ripped and your missing the gease thats why your steering keeps getting worse... the best place to get CV axles is NAPA they are ~70 bux each after you give them your core.. they are only place i have found that acually get the right ones the first time