'95 s14 project

Old 10-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Antenna is in the mail. Really sharp looking replacement from locustoms. Can't wait for that to come. Tires are also in the mail. Need to get rid of the shitty mismatch-sized ones that came on it. Still looking for a nice set of coils for a good price. I have a lead on some Stance ones. Also looking at some RUCA's and Toe rods. Then an alignment... then saving for KA-T.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Small update:

Antenna came, unfortunately it says plug and play... but the antenna cable connectors are different sizes. Not really looking to spend $10 on an adapter since the reception is fine. Kind of disappointing, oh well... looks a lot better than what I had.

Z in the background, in the process of lowering it back to how I had it.

Finally found coilovers. Cusco zero-2's... for a REALLY good price so even if I don't like them, I won't lose anything. Retail is $2200 (didn't even pay half that), and these look mint. Here's the seller's pics... should be here late next week.

Just got to find some toe arms, and RUCA's and then I'm pretty much set for a while. May get spacers after I lower it depending on how the wheels look.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Alright... got my coils today. Very impressed with the quality, adjustability of the zero-2's and really got lucky on these- they're mint, dust boots are clean, no rust at all, every collar moves.

Install was super easy, everything bolted straight up. (thanks to SoledOut for the extra set of hands)

Out with the old that came on the car:

Height:
I was worried they wouldn't go low enough, so I set them almost maxed out in the rear. I looked them up before installing, and apparently cusco's normally max out at a 2" drop. Well I am at 3.5" right now and can go another inch in the rear. I guess that was for zero 1's or something. I was going for 3", so they need to be raised tomorrow.

Dampening:
I put them on full stiff... and they're super stiff. Cusco says full stiff is for hardcore track use only (but most companies exaggerate this, the z is set to full stiff and feels perfect), well these are way too stiff. So I'm going to change it to 4/5 instead of 5/5.

I rub the harness in the picture if I turn the wheel, so I have to tuck that (tried to avoid this by leaving the front a tad higher, fail.

Camber is REALLY bad ~negative 3-4 and the toe is already out of spec as weel without adjusting camber. I've been trying to find a decent deal on some ruca's and toe arms for 2 weeks now... lots of shitty sellers on zivia. Going to end up buying through a store I think.

Enough boring talk... here are the rest of the pictures from today.

Fronts:

Rear:

Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Bad news ... when I was installing the fronts... noticed the tie rods on both sides are shot. Bushings are toast, and the boot on the passenger side is torn and twisted. Also, the ball joint on the driver side is split open which is NOT going to be fun to pay for or install.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

moog ball joints aren't expensive, just a pain to install. it's good to do it all at once though to save yourself headaches, and totally worth it.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM

aren't expensive? lol i beg to differ. $50 for a joint is pricey as hell.

Moog Front Suspension, Lower Ball Joint

This is the only one they show.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:13 AM

Yea, they arent chump change...but its not terrible.
Nice p/u on the coils, i wish i woulda waited till i had more and grabbed some that were worth more.
If you dont mind tearing the fender off, this guy shows you picks of where he put the harness. Write-Up RPS13 Harness Relocation Under Fender - Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Looks really good though man, need lower offset...but it looks good

Build threads

S13 coupe
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/n...ht-purple.html

Kouki
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/nissan-builds-projects/688726-kouki-project.html

Old 11-09-2010, 06:44 AM

Oh I need I know lower offset lol. These wheels came with the car and aren't THAT bad. 17x8, 17x9 +25 offset.

I think I'm going to grab some spacers until I can come up with 1500 for the enkeis I want.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 PM

Did some work last night/today. Took off OEM toe and camber arms.

Took off bumper, fender and drilled some holes.
Tucked the wiring harness up into the inner fender... no more rubbing.

Took off stock inner and outer tie rods, and boots. It was such a fucking pain in the ass... even with the free tool rental from advance auto.

About that time, all my parts came. 3 boxes... SPL outer tie rods, Tein z33 inner tie rods, and ATS camber/toe arms. Seller said they're ATS, but google search showed nothing by ATS. Looks like cuscos to me, so they may have been repainted. Either way, they're fully adjustable... have great bushings/joints. So I'm happy.

The dog was hoping there'd be some bones or something in one of the boxes... but he was happy to settle with his tennis ball.

Put the camber and toe arms in.

Tomorrow, putting in the tie rods, and adjusting the ride height on the coils.

Sunday... going to Tire's Plus so BJ can hook me up with new tire mounting and a good alignment.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Alright... got my tie rods on and new steering rack boots ($40 bucks for those suckers and that was the cheapest option).

Harness is way out of the way now.

Got the front end put back together. Adjusted the rear ride height twice, then called it quits today. Will adjust it more tomorrow before I go get the much needed alignment since it's still too low in the rear.

New tires will be put on tomorrow too, then i'll get some pics from further away, and with the wheels on.

Oh, started paint on my grill. Sanded and primed. Fucking walmart was out of gloss black... gotta find some.