Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Anyone see a WHITE KOUKI joyridin' in XAT neighborhood earlier today?

Old 12-27-2004, 07:09 PM
All Around Maxed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is an old one

I took it out for a test drive the day they "completed" it. The shop on base was closed so I called XAT to see if I could jump on their lift to check for any undercarriage damage - those roads near XAT/ZFever are herendous, but the suspension held up. I smacked the rear of the car into a wall, cracked it, returned it back to the shop hours later and had them repair the bumper, shoot the car again (the paint wasn't uniform)(pearl's a bit%$)(the original guy who did the paint and raped it was fired), paid them $800 in the end.

There's a 2-page post on the aftermath: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...Transformation

Havn't had any ill-effects from their fun except some loose suspension and slipping clutch... Could've been much worse.

Jesse

PS - I have my CF Invader hood there, waiting to get sprayed. I'm hoping the cheesiness will lessen w/ a color-matched spray session. I've been waiting b/c I'm trying to pick-up a Navan wing for the rear. Kouki front, zenki rear

Ings RSpec, Built KA24DET, GT3071R
VR-4 AWD/TT Winter Sled

Last edited by MaxType 240; 12-27-2004 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:02 AM
240LSX

dang I am glad I read this thread before I get a paint what a horror story!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
towards antisocial

Originally posted by MaxType 240
Wow, this is an old one

I took it out for a test drive the day they "completed" it. The shop on base was closed so I called XAT to see if I could jump on their lift to check for any undercarriage damage - those roads near XAT/ZFever are herendous, but the suspension held up. I smacked the rear of the car into a wall, cracked it, returned it back to the shop hours later and had them repair the bumper, shoot the car again (the paint wasn't uniform)(pearl's a bit%$)(the original guy who did the paint and raped it was fired), paid them $800 in the end.

There's a 2-page post on the aftermath: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/s...Transformation

Havn't had any ill-effects from their fun except some loose suspension and slipping clutch... Could've been much worse.

Jesse

PS - I have my CF Invader hood there, waiting to get sprayed. I'm hoping the cheesiness will lessen w/ a color-matched spray session. I've been waiting b/c I'm trying to pick-up a Navan wing for the rear. Kouki front, zenki rear
alright man, glad to hear it... Yeah I dunno I was searching for some shit then wound up getting caught up in this thread and wanted to see what the outcome was.