Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

attn. all sr20det guys

Old 01-06-2002, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too broad of a question. Depends on what you are going to use the car for and your goals for it.

Check out www.srswap.com www.freshalloy.com (240sx Forum) www.240sx.org www.se-r.net etc. Read a little and decide for yourself unless you have more specific questions.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:24 AM

For a one sided opinion...

I drove a KAd 240 for quite a while. Wasnt impressed. Have seen and ridden in modded KAs still not impressed.

I say SR20DET. The only thing that is really a con is that there are not very many interchangable parts over here in the U.S. for the SR20DET.

Old 01-07-2002, 09:51 AM

Non-interchangable parts ? What are you smoking... There are like 3 parts on the whole motor that you cannot get over here. Everything else is Sentra 2.0 or other Nissan parts readily available over here. Only stuff hard to come by : water pump harness and Bell Housing for tranny... but Ive never gotten a motor with these parts broken. Anything else that is a non-US part is very very easy to get....

later
martin s.
sr20det soon to be CA18DET
Old 01-07-2002, 08:29 PM
S14 PILOT

Hey if you do get an SR20DET dont go putting a huge front mount intercooler and pipeing on it with the stock T25 turbo setup. Like throwing on some Skyline GT-R intercooler etc.. Cause if you do this the pressure drop is going to be low and the torque goes bye bye. The car will feel sllooowww with the SR when this is done.

Just a healthly tip!
Old 01-08-2002, 02:33 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by v8killer
if you do get an SR20DET dont go putting a huge front mount intercooler and pipeing on it with the stock T25 turbo setup. Like throwing on some Skyline GT-R intercooler etc.. Cause if you do this the pressure drop is going to be low and the torque goes bye bye. The car will feel sllooowww with the SR when this is done.

***I agree 100%. I am installing a GReddy front mount intercooler kit for a customer right now. Let me tell you the piping is way to big for a T25 or even a T28. The turbo to intercooler pipe is 2.25 and the intercooler to throttle body pipe is 2.75. This is too large unless you plan on upgrading to something larger than a T3/T4. I will be refabbing the intercooler piping using 2 from the turbo to the IC and 2.5 from the IC to the TB. This will help reduce lag and increase throttle response greatly.

Hey Jay
I know you know your shit and all but i have to disagree. I dont believe it makes that big of a difference. I have the Blitz LM Intercooler kit for s13 and it works great! with a 2 upper hot pipe and 3 lower hot pipe througn IC And 3 from IC to TB. My car rus GREAT!! 13.4@108 spinning all of first and half of second (2.3 60). I think you guys are blowing this a little out of proportion. And the best part is when you compare a kit like the Blitz to buying a core and endtanks separately you are getting aluminum piping and most of the necessary silicone connectors for like $100. it might not be the BEST IC for that turbo but it works very well and is quite cost effective. Plus i never have to worry about upgrading my IC ever again.

Scott
Old 01-08-2002, 02:36 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by TropikalSX
Hey if you do get an SR20DET dont go putting a huge front mount intercooler and pipeing on it with the stock T25 turbo setup. Like throwing on some Skyline GT-R intercooler etc.. Cause if you do this the pressure drop is going to be low and the torque goes bye bye. The car will feel sllooowww with the SR when this is done.

Just a healthly tip!

Hey Tropikal

I have a GTR sized core (24 x 10.75 x 3) on my t-25 SR You wanna Run and see how slow it is?

Scott

Quick Reply: attn. all sr20det guys