Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

JDM S13 digital climate control write-up thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea the other write ups just kinda mention steps but dont actually show you what to do so I thought Id fix that

Sean should give it back to you now.. not like he'll be using it for a while
Old 07-31-2009, 11:34 PM
i has double turbo

i know lol i only let him use it so he would have heat last winter, so i needa get it back, and il put all my ac shit on at the same time and hopefully it all works lol

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:39 AM
February - Ride of the Month

Mattback did this write up like a million years ago.

But yours is follow by pictures lol.. Good work.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Offset-----Less is MORE!!

Mike, Jason and I may be sending in a bulk order for some LED's so lmk if you are interested and what bulbs you want etc...
Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Retired

I did the DCC conversion on my S14. Some of my work and research should be useable here as well....

As for the sunload sensors, ambient temp sensor, and cabin temp sensor...
U13 Altimas (1st Gen) had optional DCC. All of the sensors from this car work. I think it's GLE trim level only.
89-94 Maxima had option DCC, and all the sensors work.
All J30's have DCC, and have the same sensors as above. These are much easier to find.

About the cabin temp sensor, there is an air fitting and tube that goes with the sensor to suck air across it. Mine works fine without that contraption, with it located at the lower edge of the dash.

About the ambient air temp sensor, it's supposed to go on a bracket in front of the radiator. It was too much of a PITA to run wires all the way out there, so I just mounted it in the driver's wheel well, right off the main harness.

The S14 DCC has a diagnostics mode. You should see if the S13 one does, too. It's certainly helpful.

S14's have all of the automated door motors stock. You might check to see if they're compatible with S13 stuff.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Yea for S13 if you dont use the aspiration tube on the end of the cabin air filter then everything will work except the auto function will not work properly. I have the tube, its just not pictured, I have to go get the fitting for it off the air box from the junkyard right now though. Yea some people said J30 stuff works, but everyone said Maxima stuff would work so I got lucky and found a 100% complete fully loaded 89 Maxima with HUD and everything so I thought that'd be a better idea since I know everyhing will work. The S13 has a diagnostic mode as well, I just havent gotten to that step so I thought Id wait and post it at the end. Unfortunately though there is never S14 at the junk yards by my house so I'm just gonna try and use what I got, thanks though.

And Joe, unforunately i just ordered a crap load of LEDs like 2 days ago haha and the one I am using for the climate control are just tiny 1 bulbs ones and I'm just gonna pick em up from raido shack since I only need 4, thanks though.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:00 AM

dam i want one

Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Retired

Let me tell you that Auto mode is the shit. On the trip to TN where we were in the car for 10+ hours of dusk, cloud cover, sunlight, etc., I didn't have to touch the controls once!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Alright just went to the junkyard today and J30 stuff WILL NOT WORK for an s13, only things that you can use is the ambient temp sensor and the cabin air temp sensor with aspiration tube, you cant get the blower speed control from a J30 so it would make it a huge PIA to source out several different cars to get all the parts from, just find a early 90's maxima with DCC. Just letting you guys know they are very hard to find though, the you-pull-and-pay by my house had about 20 early 90's maximas and only one had DCC.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Found out a cool thing today, since alot of the JDM DCC units you get have burned out bulbs in them the bulbs from a early 90's Maxima with DCC swap right over, they dont look exactly the same but they work perfect. No more home made retrofit lights into them like alot of people do, just fix it right! Anyways got the fitting for the aspiration tube I forgot and the ambient temp sensor today, gonna start work again in a minute