Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

JDM S13 digital climate control write-up thread

Old 08-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RB240Mike
Seriously people are such idiots I keep finding all these threads were people do extensive wiring to get the recirc mode to work and the blower to work in all 4 speeds... all you have to do is the simple basic wiring I listed and it all works some people are just retards I guess.. everything works perfect on mine, all i have left to do is the blend door motor for hot/cold then its done.
So friggin lucky. On S14, all the JDM plugs line up, but are pinned backwards! That is, when I first fired up my setup, I had to set the Mode to foot to get it to come out the dash. Motor was wired backwards and the modes were reversed, even though I used the JDM dash harness! One of the other doors was backwards as well.

Oh yeah, the FSM also has a wire color error for S14. I guess that beats S13 where there isn't even a manual (for JDM).
Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

k taking a break from this shit for a bit so I can run up to the store and get some beer and food because I'm freaking starving. anyways I got some pretty sweet interior right now haha

Im kinda thinking maybe I shoulda saved the money from this and used to towards buying paint haha
Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Epstein
No, the outline for the sunload sensor. My old blue windshield vent had the D-shaped outline pressed into the back so you could easily trace it with a knife to mount the sensor. My new black one didn't. And, my dash didn't have the hole for that sensor to poke though either! Glad I had the dash out. You kind of have to on S14 to get to the recirc door, which is behind the airbag.
Ahhhh ok gotcha

ya but people with s13's are doing that haha I guess they arent putting power wires where they need to so the blower isnt getting power so instead of doing the easy thing and doing it like i did it one guy ran like 5 wires to different plugs and stuff to get power IDK it was stupid
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Formerly IThaJokaI

Interior looks like my 929 did, but you still have more than I did lol. Car looks good, it can wait for paint.

How much total do you have into this? Im ready to get my a/c working the right damn way.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Well yea minus the fact my car is only like this because of the DCC install

Um I paid $90 for unit and harness and like $20 for everything else at you pull and pay so like $110 right now
Old 08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
February - Ride of the Month

The guy had it on here for a couple days then the thread disappeared I figured someone jumped. its neat to have.. the AUTO function is the shit like ep said.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 08-02-2009, 09:46 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by Epstein
So friggin lucky. On S14, all the JDM plugs line up, but are pinned backwards! That is, when I first fired up my setup, I had to set the Mode to foot to get it to come out the dash. Motor was wired backwards and the modes were reversed, even though I used the JDM dash harness! One of the other doors was backwards as well.

Oh yeah, the FSM also has a wire color error for S14. I guess that beats S13 where there isn't even a manual (for JDM).
I said I'd post it when I got to that section haha I was gonna post that at the end. Butttt since you asked

To run a self-diagnostic for the DCC:
Turn engine on. Within 10 second of starting engine, press and hold ‘OFF’ button on the ACC for 5-10 seconds until all segments on the display light up.
Test 1- Display Test. Look for any missing segments or icons
Press Up arrow to get to Test 2.
Test 2 – Input signals from each sensor Wait a couple seconds and it’ll display error codes (20=all ok, 21=ambient, 22=in-vehicle, 24=intake, 25=sunload (test in sunlight to prevent this error), 26=PBR)
Press Up arrow to get to Test 3 or Down arrow to get to Test 1
Test 3 – Mode Door Motor This test takes a little longer. 30=all modes ok, 31=vent, 32=B/L, 33=B/L, 34=Foot/Def 1, 35=Foot/Def 2, 36=Def
Press Up arrow to get to Test 4 or Down arrow to get to Test 3
Test 4 – Actuators Test Pattern Toggle modes 41-46 by pressing defrost button on ACC.
Test 5 – Temperature Readings Press defrost button to toggle through sensors (ambient, in-vehicle, intake in that order). If the temp is -22, then that sensor is not working. The temperature can also be adjusted to compensate for differences between temp setting and the temp felt by driver. It can be adjusted 6 degrees up or down. While in Test 5, press the fan switch and then the temp adjustment can be made using the Up/Down arrows.
Hit Auto button or turn car off to exit self-diag."
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 AM
im jk.... but seriously

i wonder if mattback still has this in the fanboy. remember him showing me that like 2 years ago. still is gangster

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Well just foind a JDM S13 DCC blend door actuator and ordered it soooo I'ma wait to finish it till I get that in
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by RB240Mike
I said I'd post it when I got to that section haha I was gonna post that at the end. Butttt since you asked

To run a self-diagnostic for the DCC:
Turn engine on. Within 10 second of starting engine, press and hold ‘OFF’ button on the ACC for 5-10 seconds until all segments on the display light up.
Test 1- Display Test. Look for any missing segments or icons
Press Up arrow to get to Test 2.
Test 2 – Input signals from each sensor Wait a couple seconds and it’ll display error codes (20=all ok, 21=ambient, 22=in-vehicle, 24=intake, 25=sunload (test in sunlight to prevent this error), 26=PBR)
Press Up arrow to get to Test 3 or Down arrow to get to Test 1
Test 3 – Mode Door Motor This test takes a little longer. 30=all modes ok, 31=vent, 32=B/L, 33=B/L, 34=Foot/Def 1, 35=Foot/Def 2, 36=Def
Press Up arrow to get to Test 4 or Down arrow to get to Test 3
Test 4 – Actuators Test Pattern Toggle modes 41-46 by pressing defrost button on ACC.
Test 5 – Temperature Readings Press defrost button to toggle through sensors (ambient, in-vehicle, intake in that order). If the temp is -22, then that sensor is not working. The temperature can also be adjusted to compensate for differences between temp setting and the temp felt by driver. It can be adjusted 6 degrees up or down. While in Test 5, press the fan switch and then the temp adjustment can be made using the Up/Down arrows.
Hit Auto button or turn car off to exit self-diag."
Ahh yes, but with the motor wired backwards and the position wires backwards as well, it passes all the diagnostics! About a 1 in 50 chance that it could be wired perfectly mirrored. Had to find that one out the hard way. Luckily, the connections were on the floor by the gas pedal.