Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

some advice regarding an sr20det swap

Old 07-03-2002, 05:24 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u have know how on swapping a motor u can do it yourself with an engine lift and u can always send away your harnesses to have done or have someone locally do them for 100-200$ depending on what chassis ur putting it into. (s13 or s14)

jay whitely charges about a $1000 for labor which includes a VERY thorough cleaning of your motor and a very detailed and stock looking install. martin might also do it, i think glen could too. and i know others who wouldnt mind it buti dont nkow their pricing.

parts like downpipes, intercoolers, bov, clutch, electronics, gauges, etc can be bought at some local shops.

enjuku racing is in orlando and they specialize in 240sx esp sr20det one of th ebiggest sr20det if not the biggest in the state of florida. (meaning they specialize more than anyone else around this area)

www.enjukuracing.com
www.srswap.com is in boston and newyork, they get their motors the samep lace jay and martin do (which is from miami) and theyre usually very quality good motors (pending they check them out for you).

HTH
Old 07-03-2002, 08:30 PM
dan
Get the fuck off my lawn

what chassis are u putting the redtop in? s13 or s14?

sr20.hybrids.jp (if that address is wrong ill fix it) they have a how to on the wiring for an s13 motor into s14 i think and s13 is just as easy its just a little harder to wire up the a/c for an s14 but jay whitely is currently on top of things working out how to do it on my buddy's car.
Old 07-03-2002, 08:52 PM

Thanks Jay!

If you are interested in anything, with any questions, please let me know.

813-907-3380

Ian
Old 07-03-2002, 10:42 PM
lifelong learner

i will say this

if its your second car

jay is worth the wait, if you want it to be as good as any daly driver

the rest of the people here can do the same job, they jujst dont take it to as meticulus of a point for it to be oem that jay does as far as cleanlines.

i should add also that secret services will do the swap also, VERY clean work, if you've seen scott's (enthalpy) motor setup and power you will know what i mean.. Oh did i mention its unofficialy the fastest sr20det powered car in the tampa bay area, and all of secret services swaps come will full dyno results of before and after the work performed??

if you want heavy duty mods done to the sr motor such as cams, valvetrain, etc.. jay whitelys the guy to have do your swap, because he knows the sr20 motor better than anyone around here i;'ll just go and say that now.. if you want a built motor to go in and be the clean monster then no questions asked jay will do it.

it will take a long time.. but good things come to those who wait.. so do very very fast good looking things that draw women.. thats right women
Old 07-09-2002, 01:13 PM
It's a wooden pickle.

the sr20 swap is something i've wanted to do for a LONG time... but i don't have the cash... its just too expensive. and time consuming. is there any way to get it done for like 6 grand (including car), and not have too much down time? (i dont have a second car, so every day w/o a car is a day i'm walkin... which sucks). i've also been entertaining the thought of a blue bird powered 200sx... which would be the most "cost-effective" (fastest for the least amount of money)?