Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

How much should a decent body kit cost?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much should a decent body kit cost?

Im looking into gettting a 240sx, and Im looking at body kits right now and i was pretty surprised how cheap they are. Are good body kits normally as cheap as $400 $500 $600? Is there a difference between a good and a bad kit? Thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 AM
mowchowbrowncow

Umm when you refer to body kits i really hope you mean like the aero kits & not Ricer ass fast & the furious body kits

Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ls_[eg]hatch
Umm when you refer to body kits i really hope you mean like the aero kits & not Ricer ass fast & the furious body kits
Well it has to look good, I'm going for something like this:
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 AM
drives euro trash

Cost of that body kit? Your dignity.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:00 AM
weezin the juice

You seem new to cars, in general, so I'll help you out; nobody else probably will on this forum anymore.

They make polyurethane body kits which can take a lot more damage and stay in tact compared to a regular fiberglass one, but the cost is more. If I were you, I would work on suspension and wheels for a 240sx. I used to have one and by the time you save up for those two items you'll realize the other potential aspects of that little car and then can really have some fun with it without spending a whole lot. Depending on the year, you can get a lot of second hand stuff that looks factory and looks great on the car.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:20 AM

Question

Originally Posted by Clifford
You seem new to cars, in general, so I'll help you out; nobody else probably will on this forum anymore. They make polyurethane body kits which can take a lot more damage and stay in tact compared to a regular fiberglass one, but the cost is more. If I were you, I would work on suspension and wheels for a 240sx. I used to have one and by the time you save up for those two items you'll realize the other potential aspects of that little car and then can really have some fun with it without spending a whole lot. Depending on the year, you can get a lot of second hand stuff that looks factory and looks great on the car.Hope this helps, good luck.
Yea I don't know squat about cars, but I'm not new to forums so I was expecting atleast a couple stupidreplies But the thing is I have to make it look decent before I put it in my driveway, so I was going to bangout the bodykit and paint first. But thanks for actually helping
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Alan
Cost of that body kit? Your dignity.
you're not funny
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Blood In Blood Out

Ya go with a polyurethane kit over a fiber glass, also I would look into carbon kevlar parts if you really want quality.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 AM
cant slide

Originally Posted by Boozy
Well it has to look good, I'm going for something like this:

your looking at a pretty penny if you want that 180sx kit. I also heard the knockoffs dont align that good. Not sure. Theres always aero for sale in the nissan forum.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

98% of ebay 240 aero fits like total shit. also this is totally in the wrong damn sub forum.

Quick Reply: How much should a decent body kit cost?