OFFICIAL Tampa Racing Events Official Tampa Racing sponsored and approved Events. Contact an admin or mod if you think your event needs to be in here.

2nd Annual Cars Against Cancer

Old 01-17-2005, 10:56 AM
DILLIGAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2nd Annual Cars Against Cancer

The 2nd Annual Cars Against Cancer

TampaRacing.com, Hillsborough Community College, Florida Blood Services, Checksmart, and partners present 2nd Annual Cars Against Cancer.

We will be having a car show, vendor midway, blood drive, and Bone Marrow drive for those in need of a donor from the National Registry.

When: Saturday, February 19, 2005
Where: Hillsborough Community College, Dale Mabry Campus
Time: 10am till 3pm

Cost to enter Car Show: $10
Cost to spectate: Free!

Car Show Registration: 9am till 10am
Judging: 11am till 1pm
Awards Ceremony: 2pm

Judging will be in the following categories:
  • Best in Show (Car)
  • Best in Show (Bike)
  • Best Import Car
  • Best Domestic Car
  • Best Classic Car
  • Best Sport Bike
  • Best Cruising Bike
  • Best Audio/Video Setup
  • Best Work in Progress

We will be allowing 100 cars to prepay for a guaranteed spot in the show, otherwise you can pay at the gate. For further information or to prepay, contact me via Private Message or e-mail. You can paypal the money to paypal@TampaRacing.com . If using PayPal please include your full name, year, make, and model of car.

For the Pre-Registered List click here.

There is noramlly a $70 charge per person for the bone marrow testing. Thanks to Checksmart, at this event the testing will be free for anyone who wants to get tested!

Each person who gets tested to become a marrow donor, will receive a "Life is a Team Sport" wristband courtesy of the Casie Snow Fund. These wristbands are made by Hendrick Motorsports in support of their marrow program. Another example of cars and racing fighting against cancer.

Current Vendors:
  • Racing Zone
  • CFM Motorsports
  • Christine's Creations

There will also be drawings during the show. Chances will be $1 a piece.
Drawings will be done at 1:45pm.
Current Drawings:
  • (2) Rev Xtreme Dyno Certificates (each good for 3 pulls)
  • Quaker Steak & Lube $25 gift card and Lube Tube
  • Gearhead Performance $25 Gift Certificate
  • Beepers N Phones INC will be giving away free phones
  • United Speed World $50 Gift Certificate
  • Gift Certificate for Honda/Acura Oil and Fluid change form CFM Motorsports
  • (2) $50 Gift Cards to Bennigans courtesy of Ryland Homes
  • $100 Gift Card to Best Buy courtesy of Ryland Homes
  • $30 Shoe Carnival Gift Card
  • 50/50 - Winner takes half the cash!

101.5 The Point and WQYK will be braodcasting live from the event!

Feel free to take a look at Casie's page to learn more about The Casie Snow Fund. And to learn more about Bone Marrow donation visit Florida Blood Services.

Contact Info:
Frances@TampaRacing.com

**Updates will be added here so keep checking back for the newest information.**

If you are interested in volunteering with registration, judging, etc., please PM me

Here is some information about becoming a Bone Marrow Donor:

For many of the 30,000 patients who will be diagnosed with leukemia, aplastic anemia and 60 other fatal diseases this year, the only chance for survival is a Marrow or Peripheral Blood Stem Cell (PBSC) transplant from a compatible donor. Florida Blood Services facilitates more than 200 such transplants each year, and is proud to be affiliated with the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP).

If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, in good health and no more than 25% over your ideal body weight, we hope that you join the more than 31,000 Tampa Bay area volunteers who have already registered for this lifesaving program.

Your gift is particularly important if your heritage is African-American, Hispanic, Asian/Pacific Islands or Alaskan/Native American. We inherit our HLA-typing or antigens in the same way that gives us a skin color, eye color and hair color. And the most likely HLA match for a critically ill patient probably comes from the same ethnic group.

Please help us assure that every patient has an equal chance to find a donor.

What is marrow?
Marrow makes blood stem cells, which are produced inside the larger bones and can be donated to patients with fatal diseases. Donating marrow or Peripheral Blood Stem Cells (PBSC) will not affect your health, and the marrow PBSC will replace itself in just a few weeks.

If I donate marrow (PBSC), who covers my expenses?
All medical expenses relating to the transplant are covered through the NMDP. Although many employers offer paid time off to donate marrow/blood stem cells, some donors have found it necessary to take unpaid time off from work or use personal vacation time, usually only one or two days.

How Do I Volunteer To Become A Marrow/PBSC Donor?
Florida Blood Services will conduct a simple blood test to determine your tissue type and enter it under a code number in the NMDP Registry.

If you are identified as a potential match, additional blood samples may be requested for confirmatory testing.

If the match is compatible, you will attend an information session with an FBS medical staff member so you can make an informed decision about donating your marrow or PBSC.

You will receive a complete health examination at no cost to you and to protect your health and safety.

There are two types of donations:
For a marrow donation, the blood stem cells are collected from the hip bone with a syringe using regional or general anesthesia. One to two units of your own blood (autogolous blood) bay be requested prior to your donation. These units will be returned to you immediately after the marrow collection.

For a peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) collection, you will be given Filgatrim, a medication that increases the number of blood stem cells in the blood stream, for a period of four to five days prior to the PBSC collection. PBSC are donated from the arm through a process called apheresis. This collection is done on-site at FBS.

The donated marrow PBSC will be hand carried to the transplant center immediately and transfused into the waiting patient. Your recovery time will depend on the type of donation, but your body will completely replace the donated marrow PBSC within weeks
Old 01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Certified since '85

I will most definitely be there............

TR Hydroponics Abuser #36329
J a s o0o n: i need to get piss ass shit face fuck bag bitch ass drunk god damn
Old 01-25-2005, 07:24 PM
blk sleeper

count me in red saturn guy.....

F/s 94 hyundai excel 5 speed 140k 1,500
F/s 96 firebird 140k 5 speed cold a/c 2,000 obo
F/s 05 kawi 250r 3k 1,500
F/s 99 saturn sl-2 auto 80k 2,500 obo
F/s 04 gsxr 750cc 14k lots of modds 8,000
Old 01-26-2005, 07:05 AM

Count me in and will also post at my job for others to check out. We have a few racers !
Old 01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Blasian Sensation

I will be there for sure.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:13 AM
Banned

Damn no catergory for me, but I'll still drop a few bones for a good cause.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:39 AM
DILLIGAF

UPDATES:

Each person who gets tested to become a marrow donor will receive a "Life is a Team Sport" wristband courtesy of The Casie Snow Fund. These wristbands are made by Hendrick Motorsports in support of their own marrow program. To view them, click here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hendrick...istespwr1.html

101.5 The Point and WQYK will be broadcasting live from the event.

We have 2 more items for our drawing:
(2) RevExtreme Dyno Certificates (each good for 3 pulls)
Quaker Steak & Lube $25 giftcard and Lube Tube

Also, thanks to everyone who has already contacted me about volunteering to help out that day. I do still need a few more volunteers for various things so pm me if you would be interested.

Evil is as evil does, and laws disarming guaranteed victims make evil people very, very happy. Shame on us.

Who doesn't get this? Who has the audacity to demand unarmed helplessness? Who likes dead good guys?

I'll tell you who. People who tramp on the Second Amendment, that's who. People who refuse to accept the self-evident truth that free people have the God-given right to keep and bear arms, to defend themselves and their loved ones. People who are so desperate in their drive to control others, so mindless in their denial that they pretend access to gas causes arson, Ryder trucks and fertilizer cause terrorism, water causes drowning, forks and spoons cause obesity, dialing 911 will somehow save your life, and that their greedy clamoring to "feel good" is more important than admitting that armed citizens are much better equipped to stop evil than unarmed, helpless ones.

-Ted Nugent
Old 01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
You'll love me.

Originally posted by Frances
Also, thanks to everyone who has already contacted me about volunteering to help out that day. I do still need a few more volunteers for various things so pm me if you would be interested.
I pm'd you, Frances.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 AM
Dragging Plastics

Are you guys really going to stop registration at 10:00 this time. Last year you were allowing cars and bike to register way after judging had already begun. That sucked big time especially since we were sitting there all damn day.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Sit Pretty?!

I should be there... as a spectator