Paint, Body, and Detailing Discussions on how to keep your ride clean, shiny, and straight

Candy Green Pick-Up

Old 06-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Painter Extrodionaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually we started dry sanded with 1000 on a DA then wet sand with 2000. I would NOT reccommend this for really nice jobs but lets face it--- Im doing this stuff in my house garage!! Some stuff will have to slide for the prices we charge. Like I said, the material did not flow out well and there was so much under the clear that it made a rough finish. Thats why the third coat of clear was applied to have something extra to heavy sand.

Working with 15+ years of Professional experience,PM me for Price Estimates & Location.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 PM
refinish artist

Originally Posted by oldschool98
Actually we started dry sanded with 1000 on a DA then wet sand with 2000. I would NOT reccommend this for really nice jobs but lets face it--- Im doing this stuff in my house garage!! Some stuff will have to slide for the prices we charge. Like I said, the material did not flow out well and there was so much under the clear that it made a rough finish. Thats why the third coat of clear was applied to have something extra to heavy sand.
Don't take anything the wrong way,I was just curious,your work is very good.I thought it was a cost/time issue,just wanted to ask.Man,are you married?Cause my wife would leave me if I painted a whole car in my garage Anyways,keep posting pics,it's always nice to see good work.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Painter Extrodionaire

Married with child. I keep the mess and smell contained to a minimum.

Working with 15+ years of Professional experience,PM me for Price Estimates & Location.