Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Recommend a printer?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:14 PM
As Seen On TV!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a printer?

I'd like to buy a printer just for printing photos. I will be using another printer for everyday use.

Any recommendations? How good of one can I get for around $500?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 06-03-2007, 06:16 PM
As Seen On TV!

Looking at the Canon 9000 from BHphoto. Sounds like the best fit for me. I read that the Epson ink will clog if you don't use it regularly. It will probably be hot and cold with me...print a bunch then let it sit for weeks. Plus I spent $200 on an Epson Stylus a few years ago, and everything I printed had lines in it, despite cleaning, alignment, etc.

Thoughts on the Canon?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 PM
back in a 4g63

i have an hp photosmart something. i guess thats what it is. it prints really good pictures when you use the photo paper. its only like $200 or so im not sure, it was a gift. it prints, scans, and copies.

the one problem with it is when you print out pictures using the special 4x6 paper, it sometimes starts to come out crooked. but if i hold the paper straight while it prints, it looks fine.

also, it has a port for a camera memory card. you put the card in, and press a button, and it prints out a sheet with the picture thumbnails on it, and a scantron type thing. you use a pencil and color in the bubble under the pcture you want and the type of picture, and then scan the piece of paper, and it will print that picture(s). its pretty cool, but i dont have a camera to use the memory stick port. good printer i think, best ive ever had

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."