Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

*** Photoshop Help Thread ***

Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
*Big Schpellar*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is a question i have...

when i am trying to ajust the levels of my picture, or contrast. why is it that when it is in CS2 (adobe) that the picture looks so much better... then i save the image in its highest level, and it still looks washed out or what ever... i am having to make the picture WAY darker in PS so that the levels will look okey when i view them in widows viewer, or when i take them to KINCOS to be prited for cheap $1.05 Xmas presents....?
Old 12-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

You're likely having issues because your camera is set to Adobe RGB. Go through your camera menus and change the color profile to sRGB (if you can).

For your current photos, go to Edit -> Convert to Profile -> sRGB. Your image will get that 'washed out' look, and you can bring back the color/contrast and whatever else.

Web browsers (for the most part.. firefox and internet exploder) don't load embedded color profiles, they just use sRGB. If you open a jpeg with internet explorer and then with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer you'll see that when you put them side by side the Windows version is saturated and looks much better - that's because it's loading your Adobe RGB color profile that the camera applied to your image when you took it.

Try that, see if it helps.

EDIT: For Nikon users (D50 specifically) you can change your color space by going into the menu, moving to the menu that has the camera icon, and selectiong 'Optimize Image'. Scroll to Custom, and look for Color Profile.

Here are the differences, according to the D50 Manual:

IIIa (sRGB)(default)
Produces nature and landscape shots with vivid colors. Photographs are adapted to sRGB color space.

Ia (sRGB)
Produces portraits with soft, natural colors. Photographs are adapted to sRGB color space.

II (Adobe RGB)
Photographs taken at this setting are adapted to Adobe RGB
color space. This color space is capable of expressing wider
gamut of colors than sRGB, making it preferred choice for images
that will be extensively processed or retouched.

Last edited by .:Chris:.; 12-19-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Changed Assign Profile to Convert to Profile
Old 12-21-2007, 03:34 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

So... did that help?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurk & Snap

How about some assistance in the field of downloading a program via torrent service, i'm having trouble after I have the torrent downloaded, as far as how can i get past initializing setup and getting the program accessible on my personal PC?
Old 01-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

Unfortunately that's something you're going to have to find elsewhere.
a) It's something that's specifically frowned upon by the owners/admins of this board.
b) It's not really photoshop related.

There are instructions within the program itself when you set up. The most difficult part (which isn't that difficult) is forwarding a the port on your router to your pc's IP.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical TR Asshole

i have a question... in photoshop i want to add some color to my moms hair... she has grey hair in the pic and i would like to add some color to her hair without it looking crappy... thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals.

Take the polygonal Lasso tool and make a selection around your moms hair. It will probably be easier and more precise if your zoomed in on the hair.

Then go to the "Image" menu located along the main toolbar (File, Edit, Etc...).

Proceed to the "Adjustments" tab, followed by selectin the "Hue/Saturation" adjustment tool.

Inside the pop-up window there will be a Checkbox labled "Colorize". Check that, then make your Hue and Saturation adjustments according to your liking.

Click OK, or Apply, I cant remember right now, and BAM, you've just turned your mom into a troll.

Thats as basic as I could come up with.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Typical TR Asshole

sweet thanks man... i would rep you but i gotta spread it around
Old 01-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Typical TR Asshole

how about some directions to make a sig??? i would like to make one of my own
Old 01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals.