Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

First try of Kite Boarding shots

Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_Lantern
Good concept. I like the last one because you see the individuals on the right and the red kite on the left. The red stands out.

But with that said, Your pics are blurry and grainy. It takes a lot out of the photos. Were you using a tripod? And what camera were you shooting with? You might wanna play with the settings so you can adapt the camera for certain low light conditions(cloudy skies). But it was a good first try. With photography its always a learning process. Just remember tripods do wonders!
This was where we met up at before the meet. It was stupid windy out and i wasn't going to get the tripod out. I have a d50 and that was with my 300vr. They are probably "grainy" because of the compression from the distance and the atmosphere. I had to go manual on some because it wouldn't focus on infinity to get both the kite and guy. I'm on my iPod ill write more later

you wrote that like i dont know what im doing. i think it was left at iso 400 too. my w/b was on auto, if i had it back at "cloudy" then it would have helped. but anyways...

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.

Last edited by Michael.; 01-22-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 PM

i took lessons from someone out on the dunedin causeway like 3 years ago. it was an 8hr course(2 4 hour days) and it was $560(christmas present) i got up and riding pretty good the first day and the next day i could jump a little. I wanted to get a setup so bad but its sooooooo expensive

try contacting davidrochlc@hotmail.com

Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Green Lantern Corps

Originally Posted by civickid04
This was where we met up at before the meet. It was stupid windy out and i wasn't going to get the tripod out. I have a d50 and that was with my 300vr. They are probably "grainy" because of the compression from the distance and the atmosphere. I had to go manual on some because it wouldn't focus on infinity to get both the kite and guy. I'm on my iPod ill write more later

you wrote that like i don't know what I'm doing. i think it was left at iso 400 too. my w/b was on auto, if i had it back at "cloudy" then it would have helped. but anyways...
Dude relax. I'm giving you criticism. Never said you were a newb, I just pointed somethings out about your pictures. I understand that you were on your way to a meet and that your settings weren't dialed in but dont get upset when i just point those things out.

If you cant take a little criticism then i suggest you don't post pictures here...

You have a nice concept and it definitely is a challenge to capture something in motion. I would like to see part 2 but with a Higher ISO(1600)

If you're not cracking oil pans your not low
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm a Photographer!

i can take criticism...just not when it seems like the criticism is wrong in the sense of how i shot the pictures...

but anyways. it'll probably be a while until the next installment...and it probably wont be at iso 1600, if you thought these were "grainy" 1600 on the d50 looks horrible.

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.