Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?
View Poll Results: Who Should Win DSLR???
civicfrk1
3.70%
BrewPuBeaver
7.41%
budakinns
29.63%
btuner
51.85%
aj187
7.41%
EGKID
0%
Chris C.
22.22%
Mars_302
0%
turbotalon90
37.04%
DareDevil
3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Feb Contest Vote (DSLR)

Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Green Lantern Corps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unkle ben
chris c. got my vote this month.

i do have a complaint though. i think there should only be one photo entry per person. to me having more then one photo entered just throws shit off.
thats something Chris and Myself have been thinking about. Its definately something were gonna look into for future contests.

If you're not cracking oil pans your not low
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM

why?^ I feel its the overall work of the person and shouldn't just be limited to one shot, If someone takes a badass shot in the time given that is greater than everyone else's, then I feel it will shine through and people will be able to tell. We have a whole month to work on a topic which means were gonna take more that just one photo. If the contests only lasted a week or so then I could see only using one photo. If someone wants to use one, then let them use one, if someone wants to use 2 or 3 why should it matter? I also feel that its the months "theme" meaning more than one photo that follows the guidelines.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Do not fear me gypsy

Originally Posted by btuner
why?^ I feel its the overall work of the person and shouldn't just be limited to one shot, If someone takes a badass shot in the time given that is greater than everyone else's, then I feel it will shine through and people will be able to tell. We have a whole month to work on a topic which means were gonna take more that just one photo. If the contests only lasted a week or so then I could see only using one photo. If someone wants to use one, then let them use one, if someone wants to use 2 or 3 why should it matter? I also feel that its the months "theme" meaning more than one photo that follows the guidelines.
to me posting more then one pic is just over kill. imho it shows cockiness and kinda adds a little bit of boastfulness. to me if you take 15 pictures, you should sit down and pic your best rather then giving the voters a chance to sort through your work and decide on the best for you. with multiple pictures, you not only have to decide on who to vote for, but you also gotta sort through multiple pictures by the same person to see which one deserves the win.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:35 AM

lol Its a contest! the point is to one-up the other contestants!!! I vote on overall quality though, not best picture. if someone posts up one picture and its better than someone else's 3 that they have posted, then they get my vote. And if someone posts up 3 great photos and someone has only posted 1 great photo, i feel that that person took more time, and worked on the theme more than the person with just one, so i look at that too. but, i dont even understand why your complaining about something that you dont even participate in?

and sorry about that C_Rob that sucks, i almost got left out of one for the same thing

Last edited by btuner; 03-08-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Do not fear me gypsy

lol Its a contest! the point is to one-up the other contestants!!! I vote on overall quality though, not best picture. if someone posts up one picture and its better than someone else's 3 that they have posted, then they get my vote. And if someone posts up 3 great photos and someone has only posted 1 great photo, i feel that that person took more time, and worked on the theme more than the person with just one, so i look at that too. but, i dont even understand why your complaining about something that you dont even participate in?

and sorry about that C_Rob that sucks, i almost got left out of one for the same thing
maybe it's because i don't have time to participate. i work full time at one job, work part time at another job, and go to school full time. only time i have to take pics are for work, and trust me, you don't want to see what i have to photograph.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM

maybe it's because i don't have time to participate. i work full time at one job, work part time at another job, and go to school full time. only time i have to take pics are for work, and trust me, you don't want to see what i have to photograph.
crime scene photographer? i was lookin into that

Old 03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Do not fear me gypsy

crime scene photographer? i was lookin into that
i'm a full time civil servant, a part time crime scene photog, and a full time college student. when i'm off work the last thing i want to touch is a camera, especially after having to take pics of some of the crazy shit you see here in memphis.

Free NoComply540!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM

to me posting more then one pic is just over kill. imho it shows cockiness and kinda adds a little bit of boastfulness. to me if you take 15 pictures, you should sit down and pic your best rather then giving the voters a chance to sort through your work and decide on the best for you. with multiple pictures, you not only have to decide on who to vote for, but you also gotta sort through multiple pictures by the same person to see which one deserves the win.
Well those are the rules, if you don't like it maybe you should go somewhere else.