Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

JJC Autofest 2009 official pic thread

Old 08-10-2009 | 04:52 AM
SUN☆WORKS

companies can have the same operating name as long as their businesses are in completely unique fields from one another.

Example: i can have the name Summit as long as I was not in the car parts business...etc
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:11 AM
I'm a Photographer!

I know, and AEG still puts on events and such, so they are fairly close, thats why I brought it up...

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:35 AM

^^^Different events though, and yes because ours is an acronym that stands for something different than we are fine. Our filings with the state and federal are under the The Automotive Entertainment Group. We use AEG for short. Prime example that I am sure you know is E.C.E I believe Greg uses that one, search it and see how many things come up. But thanks for the worries.
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:38 AM
SUN☆WORKS

yeah I guess you have a decent point....

the naming convention should be enough though......Arts Vs. Automotive should be a big enough difference...but you are right....err on the side of caution and get a copyright/trademark attorney to verify and confirm....also get the service/trade mark and other incidentals registered ASAP to cover those bases as well IMHO
Old 08-10-2009 | 05:40 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Originally Posted by PrimoGen
yeah I guess you have a decent point....

the naming convention should be enough though......Arts Vs. Automotive should be a big enough difference...but you are right....err on the side of caution and get a copyright/trademark attorney to verify and confirm....also get the service/trade mark and other incidentals registered ASAP to cover those bases as well IMHO
exactly. and just being a business major i am always looking at stuff like that from that view point...

Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 08-10-2009 | 07:52 AM
haters♥me

Originally Posted by PrimoGen
we bolted after the first frakis and saw people going to their cars yelling threats...didnt really want to hang out and see it turn into something stupid like a gun battle

and hearing about known theives taking pictures of peoples cars and plates that was just icing on the cake

all of that = DO NOT WANT and we jetted.

I am glad it turned out OK I guess.....3 fights does not sound like a success though.

I hope the shop does well and AEG keeps the meets going

I know they cant control the people that show up but drama tends to thin the crowd.

Thanks for all the hard work and planning though and i hope to see you guys again soon
The guy who got beat up deserved more than that. I know he had something to do w/ stealing my old car...everyone around here is not like that. It's pretty much.....one group of people. I've been to big car shows and seen more than one fight in a day, it happens.

F*CK THIEVES!

Keep your mind on your grind and off of mine.

Old 08-10-2009 | 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Michael.
exactly. and just being a business major i am always looking at stuff like that from that view point...

Sure. Thats how we are instructed to look at things. I majored in Business Marketing with concentration in Advertising and Finance. From day one they teach you to cover all the details. Thanks for looking out. However, my brother in law is a corporate lawyer who does contracts and business agreements. He made sure that everything was covered. We are safe. Its the same thing when you see companies like ABC Liquor store, ABC Dry cleaning, ABC pizza...but thanks for all the concern. Always good to have others watching your back.

Primogen,
As far as the fight at the event, please know that we are sorry that it took place. Its really impossible to see those things coming. Once it was recognized it was taken care of. I understand your concern. Thanks for bringing your guys out. From what I am told you had some nice cars out. We realize that the meet was smaller. However, I think the location played a major role in that. Ocala is far for many of the tampa guys esp. when the weather can turn on you in a second. However, JJC is a great shop and we wanted to get some people out to recognize them. We hope to see you and your team along with everyone else at the next one. We have a few different things in the works. We are planning a track day for Fastbrakes.com, we are planning and AEG meet as we speak, and are planning something very special for all of our local vendors and retailers.

So keep an eye out.
Old 08-10-2009 | 10:41 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Originally Posted by blkgsr-t
Sure. Thats how we are instructed to look at things. I majored in Business Marketing with concentration in Advertising and Finance. From day one they teach you to cover all the details. Thanks for looking out. However, my brother in law is a corporate lawyer who does contracts and business agreements. He made sure that everything was covered. We are safe. Its the same thing when you see companies like ABC Liquor store, ABC Dry cleaning, ABC pizza...but thanks for all the concern. Always good to have others watching your back.
gotcha. cool deal!

Old 08-10-2009 | 12:28 PM
i take photos

not to be a dick but i thought this was a photo thread? wheres the pics?...jw glad to hear it was an overall success though congrats
Old 08-10-2009 | 01:03 PM
Pleasure the do me

Originally Posted by Mikey P
not to be a dick but i thought this was a photo thread? wheres the pics?...jw glad to hear it was an overall success though congrats
+1 More pics!