Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Refurbished Camera?

Old 01-15-2010, 06:38 AM
iStayClean.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refurbished Camera?

What do you guys think? Has anyone purchased one?

I want another Xsi or possibly a t1i. . .
Old 01-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I am mom!

I think we've gone through this before on here....yes. As long as you buy it from a dealer, B&H, Adorama, etc. Then it's usually refurb'd from the factory.

I bought my 40D refurb'd, saved me about $200 and have had no problems with it at all. Had it almost a year now, bought it from Adorama.

The kid is selling it all
Check it out
Old 01-15-2010, 07:02 AM
iStayClean.com

Originally Posted by Mama Got Boost??
I think we've gone through this before on here....yes. As long as you buy it from a dealer, B&H, Adorama, etc. Then it's usually refurb'd from the factory.

I bought my 40D refurb'd, saved me about $200 and have had no problems with it at all. Had it almost a year now, bought it from Adorama.

Thanks...
Old 01-15-2010, 07:14 AM

I bought my T1i refurbished from Adorama to save some money, especially since I was buying an HD video camera at the sametime lol. I forgot what I paid exactly since I can't find my invoice right now, but they have the refurbished body + lens for $599.95 right now and new it's listed as $730.00. So quite a difference lol.

If you think about it, it's actually better to buy refurbished. All it is is a defective new model that was sent back. They go through the camera and test everything fixing whatever was wrong and then sell it at a discounted price since they aren't allowed to label it as "new". Your basically buying a camera that has been tested better than the "new" models and is significantly cheaper.

You just need to take into consideration that if your planning on upgrading and selling it down the road your not going to get as much as you'd want. Especially since you cant pass it off as a "new" camera -- Canon gives you their own refurbished box instead of the one you'd get new lol.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 01-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.