Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

For anyone that has thought twice about it...

Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone that has thought twice about it...

Buy the damned protection plan that places offer when you buy your camera. All I can say is that I am really glad I did.

Just got my D3000 2 weeks ago. The protection plan at Best Buy was $75 for 2 years. I was iffy, but I said to myself "What if......." Also Best buy's plan covers accidental dropping. So Weds Night, I was putting the camera back into my car, and it slipped out of my hand. Fell literally less than 2ft, but fell straight on the lens with the body on top of it. I freaked out. First thing I did was look over the body and lens, and there wasn't really any scratches. SO the first thing I do is move the lens, and going between 35 and 18mm the lens makes a lot of clicking noise. I turn it on, and the screen is fine, everything seems to be working normally. Well I take a picture, and not only does the camera make a TON of excess noise, but the picture comes out blurry as hell.

So I switch to a different lens from my buddies camera, and again, a ton of excess noise, and the pic is blurry as hell.

Move on to today. I take the camera back to Best Buy and let them know I dropped it. The girl takes the camera out of the box (Remember to bring EVERYTHING) and she looks over the camera. She says "Doesn't look to be dropped at all." I told her "Take a pic" and she did, and it came out blurry as hell. She then said "Oh......." She told me to hold tight, and got on the walkie to the guy in the Camera Department. 2 mins later, he brings up a brand new D3000 box, and she proceeds to tell me I am good to go. They did an exchange because it was so short between when I bought the camera and when this happened, that they didn't want me to wait while they sent the old one out for repair. PROPS to them!

So I still have my 2 year protection plan, and I have a new camera AND a New Bag to carry it in. Very pleased with Best Buy and how the whole situation turned out. Just thought I would share.

Cliffs:
Bought Protection Plan
Dropped Camera
Best Buy replaced with new camera instead of sending it out
Happy Customer.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:27 PM

how were you placing the camera in the car in such a way that it was posible for you to drop it on the ground? and why isnt in some sort of case?

to me it sounds like someone isnt taking well enough care of thier belonging.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 AM
I am mom!

Originally Posted by AHHthatsJDMyo
how were you placing the camera in the car in such a way that it was posible for you to drop it on the ground? and why isnt in some sort of case?

You hush Mr. Perfect, accidents happen lol

When I dropped mine, my camera strap got stuck around my knee and it jerked out of my hand so anything can happen at any time.

Cool deal that they replaced it like that. I don't buy my stuff from the big stores like that but it's good to know for people that do. That $75 can save you $1000 or more lol

The kid is selling it all
Check it out
Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AHHthatsJDMyo

A) Case was in the front seat of my car. B) My hands were sweaty from using it for a while. I took the strap off as I was putting it in, and just lost a good grip on it. Stuff happens, and I just happened to not have a decent grip/putting it into a low car/being dark out. Sorry you have never dropped yours.

Originally Posted by Mama Got Boost??
You hush Mr. Perfect, accidents happen lol

When I dropped mine, my camera strap got stuck around my knee and it jerked out of my hand so anything can happen at any time.

Cool deal that they replaced it like that. I don't buy my stuff from the big stores like that but it's good to know for people that do. That $75 can save you $1000 or more lol
Well, I was impatient when I bought the camera. Plus it was on sale, and I couldn't pass it up as I really needed it for a recent family gathering. I NEVER buy protection plans, but I figured this was needed. I was right.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Pleasure the do me

hmm i was leary about the warranty also and didnt buy it i wonder if i still can, have had my Canon a week or so now... I have had Good and Bad issues with Best Buys warranties.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
oh snap

I used to work at best buy and it's a good idea to buy protection plans, specially for cameras, xbox360, and laptops. Cameras come with an accidental plan that covers your camera even if you bring it back in pieces.

^If you bought it a week or so ago you can still get it, you have 14 days to go get it.
DC(5)CREW MEMBER #30

Proven Power FTW

Originally Posted by racer_x
^you're a female, so your intrinsic fail level is higher than mine. Thus, I reason that if we both fail equally, you still fail harder.