Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

photoshoots. couple different car shoots.350z,is300,and some of my pup(lots of pics)

Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM
colombo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photoshoots. couple different car shoots.350z,is300,and some of my pup(lots of pics)

there not the best. but hopefully not the worse u have seen.. c&c welcome!..enjoy.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Lay off some (most) of the editing.

Pick a watermark and stay with it.

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.

Last edited by Michael.; 05-27-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:45 AM
September - Ride of the Month

^ yeah dude. so early this morning to be looking at this !!!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 AM
I'm a Photographer!

SOME wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the editing. Also, just work on the composition. And unless it REALLY works to crop a picture to a strange dimension, meaning your composition has to be dead on and it has to just work out that way, then try to crop with a ratio of 6x4 or so, which you can set in photoshop in the top bar when the crop tool is selected.

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:35 AM
colombo

reason there are 30 different water marks is cause like i said im new to the editing and picture thing so as i have learned to use them more i have changed it. these pics vary from the day i bought my D3000 to more recent thus why some have wayyy to much editing and some close to none. but i will work on what you have both said. the pictures just look so bland to me without any editing. but i shall try.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 AM
colombo

here is 1 i took last night. (before i read the c&c so the cropping is still there) but the editing was kept to a minimum. just as bad as the rest?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Post Deleting Expert.

Look around the picture and you'll see random objects in the garage. Ask yourself what they add to the picture. In a scene like this, where you're accentuating how empty the garage is (I think?), you should leave things out if they serve no purpose. Examples: Broom, shelving with some random stuff, etc.

You have to move away from just photographing everything as it is normally seen, because it will get boring once the novelty of having a nice camera wears off. People (including yourself) will be more interested in your pictures if you can present things in a way they're not normally seen. For example, your car in your driveway... that's where it always is - and that's accentuated by the backgrounds that include another house/driveway with a few cars. How many times a day do you see that? Probably a hundred.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by .:Chris:.; 05-27-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
colombo

here are some completely untouched shots from a wedding

Old 05-27-2010, 06:52 AM
colombo

Originally Posted by .:Chris:.
Look around the picture and you'll see random objects in the garage. Ask yourself what they add to the picture. As a general rule you should leave things out if they serve no purpose.

Examples: Broom, shelving with some random stuff, etc.
lol i have no place to put them. but i get what your saying. i was just trying to practice shooting at night. didnt think much about removing anything from the garage. but i guess i could have pulled my comp jack out to 1 side and hide the rest of that junk.

but overall is that picture to overdone? overthetop?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 AM
colombo

Originally Posted by .:Chris:.
Look around the picture and you'll see random objects in the garage. Ask yourself what they add to the picture. In a scene like this, where you're accentuating how empty the garage is (I think?), you should leave things out if they serve no purpose. Examples: Broom, shelving with some random stuff, etc.

You have to move away from just photographing everything as it is normally seen, because it will get boring once the novelty of having a nice camera wears off. People (including yourself) will be more interested in your pictures if you can present things in a way they're not normally seen. For example, your car in your driveway... that's where it always is - and that's accentuated by the backgrounds that include another house/driveway with a few cars. How many times a day do you see that? Probably a hundred.

Hope that helps.
i wasnt really sure what i was doing. but i see what you mean and i will try and get out and about more. now to think of it. main places i take pictures are at home or at work ....sheesh. THANKS!!! i need more c&c like this!