Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Double standard on nitrous?

Old 10-07-2003 | 05:42 AM
I have fuzzy eyebrows

I will not limit myself to the confines of others fears.
People that think nitrous is cheating are misinformed and usually afraid due to lack of knowledge. If you dont want to run it fine...no problem. But you will always lose to the guy who has everything you do...but also has the knowledge and balls to go that extra step.

I have been known to run a tad of juice now and then for the last few years. Ill tell you what...when i go to the track...Im prepared..when I go out on a sat night...Im prepared. I havent run out in a long time. I usually come home with atleast half a bottle left.

If I run out....I can still hang. If im hitting the juice hard that day...I run a splash of 100 unleaded..no biggie. Better to be safe than stubborn and sorry.

if it's cheap & reliable, it ain't fast, if it's fast & cheap, it ain't reliable, if it's fast & reliable, it ain't cheap
Old 10-07-2003 | 08:13 AM
THE HAMMER

The only reason i dont like nitrous is personal.... if i get addicted to a certain speed on the spray, then when i dont have the spray then i cant feed the addiction, and i have to go buy.

I just like knowing that when i floor it, it really is all i have and thats it. I dont like having "temporary" power. I realize this will cost me vs NOS users, or C16, but I dont care.

I have what i have and i like it
Old 10-07-2003 | 11:20 AM
Banned

nawzzzzzz is for chetas!
Old 10-07-2003 | 07:23 PM
The G-14 Classified

how would you like to buy?
Old 10-08-2003 | 04:17 PM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Originally posted by Slash
The only reason i dont like nitrous is personal.... if i get addicted to a certain speed on the spray, then when i dont have the spray then i cant feed the addiction, and i have to go buy.

I just like knowing that when i floor it, it really is all i have and thats it. I dont like having "temporary" power. I realize this will cost me vs NOS users, or C16, but I dont care.

I have what i have and i like it
See, he understands what im gettin at.

its not a matter of someone being too big a pussy to run some juice... its a matter of becoming accustomed to it and rely on it... then when youre bottle is empty... what then? it would suck to be a balla and run 11's on the "booty juice" and then shrink to 13's when the bottle is low or empty...

its not a matter of being able to run 700 HP when ever i want... i just want to be able to run big HP all the time and not guage/plan my races on the status of my bottle. Nothing worse than bein called out and you havnig to back down cuz you know your bottle is empty but the other guy is talkin shit and callin BS... its just hurtful, ya know?

not having the proper setup to support Nitrous or what have you is not the issue im questioning. if you dont have the means to support that added power...thats your own damn fault.

I just like to "Run what I Brung", i like running the same times on the track and being able to take it to the street.
Old 10-09-2003 | 12:36 AM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I'm a fan of nitrous, because if you set it up and use it correctly it can be an extremely cost-effective way to make more hp when you need it most, like at the track or during a street race. That, even though I've never run my car at the track or participated in a street race, but that's beside the point. I plan to run nitrous once I'm basically finished with the rest of my setup, I'm still trying to decide if I want to just go with a basic wet fogger and run like a 50 shot possibly moving up to a 75 shot, or if I want to go all out with a direct port nitrous system running a 100 shot... or maybe more depending on my ballsiness level at the time.
Old 10-09-2003 | 05:07 AM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Run a 150shot
Old 10-09-2003 | 11:32 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

the one thing i do like about Nitrous is, its ability to significantly lower intake temps... its how you get 125HP out of a 75 shot.

its either that or propane injection... better than water/alky injection...
Old 10-09-2003 | 07:30 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Originally posted by qitstrn
Run a 150shot
Buy me a built motor and I will.

Seriously though, I think a 75 wet fogger or the 100 direct port would be pushing it on a stock 4g63. Even with a little ole' evo 16g a 100 shot direct port nitrous setup would be pushing the engine up near the level where people start building the engine to reliably take the abuse. I think that's as far as I would want to go, I remember how joe and all of the guys that got really fast said that they had a lot more fun running 12's in their dsm's than they did running 11's. My eventual goal with the nitrous would be to hit 11.90s with decent consistency, so I'd be running right on the edge of the abyss.