Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Double standard on nitrous?

Old 10-16-2003 | 12:54 PM
LT1's are slow!

Originally posted by HybridSS
If I run out....I can still hang.
Al's right. Best N20 setup is on a car that's already strong all motor. The juice is good for when you just need that extra push.

Having to depend on the bottle to be quick at all would suck. I've never been able to figure out why people put a N20 kit on an otherwise stock car.

1996 Corvette CE coupe LT1/A4
Mostly stock
1998 Camaro
Z28 badges and dual exhaust tips
Old 10-16-2003 | 01:31 PM
Ridin dirty

Originally posted by HybridSS
I will not limit myself to the confines of others fears.
People that think nitrous is cheating are misinformed and usually afraid due to lack of knowledge. If you dont want to run it fine...no problem. But you will always lose to the guy who has everything you do...but also has the knowledge and balls to go that extra step.

I have been known to run a tad of juice now and then for the last few years. Ill tell you what...when i go to the track...Im prepared..when I go out on a sat night...Im prepared. I havent run out in a long time. I usually come home with atleast half a bottle left.

If I run out....I can still hang. If im hitting the juice hard that day...I run a splash of 100 unleaded..no biggie. Better to be safe than stubborn and sorry.
This is comming from a racer and not a ''pussy'' I agree with Al 100%..
New best time @ Jennings 1:25.4
Old 10-16-2003 | 01:38 PM
Ridin dirty

Originally posted by 97blkz
nawzzzzzz is for chetas!
Its not cheating they sell it to everybody... I ran 26psi and a 100 shot and I beat alot of people and some complained but that not my fault I came out prepaired..
New best time @ Jennings 1:25.4
Old 10-16-2003 | 02:39 PM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Originally posted by Half Fast
Al's right. Best N20 setup is on a car that's already strong all motor. The juice is good for when you just need that extra push.

Having to depend on the bottle to be quick at all would suck. I've never been able to figure out why people put a N20 kit on an otherwise stock car.

See, its fine to run nitrous if you dont NEED it to be fast... for people who are already fast but might need the "Racer's Edge" if they happen to bite off a little more than they chew... but if your car is a 16 second monster w/o the juice.... that just aint right, you obviously need all the help you can get, but still... its like cheating on your homework and then if theres a pop Quiz... you wont have the answeres and youll fail. Id rather study (build a strong motor and have the boost) so i can be prepared for pretty much anything instead of the possibility of being caught off guard w/ an empty bottle and a 200 BHP street demon
Old 10-16-2003 | 02:49 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

Originally posted by flubyux2

See, its fine to run nitrous if you dont NEED it to be fast... for people who are already fast but might need the "Racer's Edge" if they happen to bite off a little more than they chew... but if your car is a 16 second monster w/o the juice.... that just aint right, you obviously need all the help you can get, but still... its like cheating on your homework and then if theres a pop Quiz... you wont have the answeres and youll fail. Id rather study (build a strong motor and have the boost) so i can be prepared for pretty much anything instead of the possibility of being caught off guard w/ an empty bottle and a 200 BHP street demon
I agree. You can tell Al did alot of homework. It's not all nitrous and who cares. It rides out!!! Thats the last I saw of Al and his bottles
Old 10-16-2003 | 03:14 PM
Pro 5oh

You dont neeeed nitrous to go fast but it will make you faster. See there is this saying there is someone that is always faster then you haha he was probbly using a 200 shot with a smaller motor (jk around) and he beat you cuz he had more.ITs like a turbo or blower or ne forced induction they all help you make power but some are better then others depending on what you are doing with your car.If i had a choice of either nitrous turbo or blower i would go nitrous easyer to tune with out many modifications.Also best bang for buck that i have seen but that is what i think. I might just lean towards nitrous cause I will be running it,and think its cheap hp.

2 cents
Old 10-17-2003 | 11:56 PM
???
Capt."Howling Mad"Murdock

boost is cheating!

ok quick question. i was reading this post and wondering what you n2o and race gas haters think is fast enought on the motor(and 93) to allow the use of n2o.

seems like everyones thing is, its not fast all the time. say my car runs low 12s on the motor is that good enought to not have the bottle turned on, on the way to work?
Old 10-20-2003 | 05:10 AM
Team Geritol Racing

Those who cry that nitrous, blower, turbo are cheating are the ones who just lost the race because they brought a knife to a gunfight. Pay them no mind. It's just whining and excuse making. It's no different than adding heads and a cam or any other performance part. If you didn't add enough, don't try to blame it on the guy who did.
Old 10-22-2003 | 03:40 AM
Retired Ricer...

my civic right now is only boosted but due to turbo lag coming out of the hole i dont think its at its peak potential so i was even thinking about buying my old kit back to spray a little 50 out of the hole to cure that little bit of lag and then cut it off around 6 in 1st and run on just the boost the rest of the race..... plus ill have it there for those bridge runs when someone might start pullin but for now shes good for the rolls just take her to about 35-40 in second and stomp the gas and she just dips down and scoots out.....

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517