Power Adders Technical discussion related to Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide
Sponsored by: CARiD

Double standard on nitrous?

Old 10-06-2003 | 07:58 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

i dont admire or condone the use of nitrous or race gas to get your HP goals.

If i cant hit my HP goals w/ 93 octane and alot of boost, i move onto another platform that can support my goals.

Nitrous is an even more finite additive than fuel and has limited availability, same with race gas... i cant go down to the co'na store and get my tank filled or get some C16... which means, if i make 500 HP on a 75 shot and C16... ill be pussy-ified w/o that shit when im stuck in the middle of nowhere and can only find 93 octane.

For instance, the Talon has everything it needs to run Low 13's w/ a good driver, and can repeat this on the street withouth the aid of Nitrous or race gas... which makes Impromptu street races or stop-light jaunts that much more easier. Theres nothing that sucks more than not being able to play w/ some ricer or cocky 5.0 Fox-body and not having that Essential nitrous or C16 that you have built your motor and tuned your engine management around... when you depend on that stuff to make the horsepower you so desire and dont have the necessary means to produce that power, it suxors.

i dont bow-down or admire anyone who requires nitrous or race gas to make power numbers like that... My motto is "run what you brung". none of this shit like "Dude, i dont have race gas, i cant run you right now" Or "my bottle is almost empty, otherwise id kick your ass up and down the street"

seriously.

EDIT: im not shitting on anyone who uses Nitrous or C16 to make 700HP or whatever cuz i will give credit where credit is due. I would rather make 500 HP all the time, where ever i go, on pump gas than 700HP on C16 that i can only buy at one gas station on my side of the town and nitrous that i can only get filled at the other end of town.

Last edited by flubyux2; 10-06-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-06-2003 | 08:15 AM

i drive around get very good gas milage ,but once i flip that swich its on ,i get alot of people say nitrous it cheating. well on a turbo honda if some one puts down 320whp the tq numbers r going to b like 245wtq,my car dynos at 250whp and 235wtg.so id do like nitrous ,but i wish i didnt realy as much ,
Old 10-06-2003 | 10:34 AM
Old School "Turbo" dude

im with cronic on this, i dont care how you made the power. its the fact that you did.

Buy a TR email address Here
Old 10-06-2003 | 10:35 AM
S1's MUSCLE RELAXER

cronic shut up

hahaha j/k
Old 10-06-2003 | 11:04 AM
Elitist Supra Asshole :)

Originally posted by TurboJZA70
im with cronic on this, i dont care how you made the power. its the fact that you did.
no its not... thats like saying you crank the boost to the max on your turbo, then shoot 150 shot at it while on C16 and put out 650HP... but you melt a piston or lift a head while doing so... thats not worth it.

"oh yea... i laid down 650hp at the wheels... but i only did it once cuz i lifted the head" That to me isnt worth it. i dont give a shit if i have bragging rights or whatever.

Id rather make 500 HP anytime i want, any place i want to rather than make 700HP 15 times, At the track, on saturday nights.
Old 10-06-2003 | 11:11 AM

Originally posted by Cronic
When are you going to need 700whp?

At the track.
or from a 4th gear roll
Old 10-06-2003 | 11:15 AM
Old School "Turbo" dude

Originally posted by flubyux2
i think your taking my post to the extream, i as well as anyone, or well maby some people, know what is too much. but i repect a properly setup nitrous system as much as a do a properly setup turbo, SC, or na setup.

i dont feel the need to say "but with out the Nitrous, blah blah blah like some. if you car is faster, its faster thats all there is too it.

Buy a TR email address Here