For Sale/WTB Honda & Acura Strictly Honda Acura Parts For Sale/WTB

FS: del Sol glass top + regular top + trunk rack

Old 03-01-2010 | 07:26 PM
Used Register

Arrow FS: del Sol glass top + regular top + trunk rack

EDIT on August 16th, 2010...

This stuff is still for sale, send a PM if you're interested in anything. Thanks...

I also have a bunch of other stuff in my older post that I need to unload. H22 and EG stuff.
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda-acura-parts-sale/612940-fs-h22-stuff-eg-del-sol-stuff-pics.html

Since everyone is asking how much for just the glass top, here is a breakdown for each thing:

Saratoga Tops glass targa (no hardware), $390

Regular del Sol targa, $80

del Sol targa trunk rack, $30

Or...

Saratoga Tops (aka Ameripol) glass targa and a regular black targa, plus trunk targa rack, $460 for everything

The top is in good shape, but a bit older. Saratoga Tops made the "glass" targas (actually made of plexiglass -- none were ever actually made of glass) for about 3 months before changing their name to Ameripol back in the mid-90s. Top has a small crack in the top that I can't seem to get in focus for a pic, seems to be on the top surface not the inside (probably something bounced off the top when I was out driving). Also there are small lines that seem to be running through the material itself rather than on the surface. They show up when you're sitting inside with the top installed, and the light hits a certain way. Top is tinted a bronze color.

These are $650 new + shipping, and you have to either take apart your Sol's targa and use its hardware, or get a second one and use its hardware if you want to have either one at a time. Right now the glass top is "bare," back in its plastic bag, and all the hardware (handles, trim, etc) is reattached to the regular targa.

Here's a before pic of the threads' condition when I bought this. Cleaned them up and now they're all shiny.

Regular targa is in OK shape, looks a little rough but everything is there. Looks like someone did a redneck fix and put white putty (top is black...) along the front edge and on some of the inside parts. Should scrape off alright, I just don't have the time to clean it up myself. I was going to keep this and have a real glass sunroof installed, but changed my mind. Need to rebuild my engine first!

As for the trunk rack, I was going to mount this to a wall for storing my extra targa (which would be the glass top). Don't need this anymore so it's going into this lot. I don't have pics, it's just the rack, no struts, in good shape.

Not really interested in trades right now, sorry.

Last edited by Rogue; 08-16-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-01-2010 | 08:39 PM
i love haters

how much for the top not the glass
Old 03-01-2010 | 08:51 PM

How much for just the glass top?
Old 03-01-2010 | 11:43 PM

PM me the price for JUST the glass top. paypal ready..
Old 03-05-2010 | 07:52 PM

I never got a PM...How much for jsut the glass top shipped.
Old 03-06-2010 | 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue
Not shipping anything, unless by shipping you mean you give me gas money to drive this thing out. I don't know how many times I've driven all over the place to buy stuff, so this is a "no delivery" thing. Besides I'm moving soon and don't have the time like I used to... sorry...

Also I would rather sell this all together. I've sent PMs to 2 people who were separately interested in the glass top and regular top, but haven't heard back from them.

well I haven't gotten a shared_pm back about the glass top only, and I will come get in if the price is right.
Old 03-11-2010 | 08:06 PM
Used Register

Bump. I priced the stuff individually...
Old 03-13-2010 | 06:15 AM
Used Register

Morning bump.