For Sale/WTB VW / Audi / Porsche Strictly VW / Audi related for sale/WTB

16x8 16x9.5 old school crenshaw classics RARE!!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 16x8 16x9.5 old school crenshaw classics RARE!!!!

I hate to do this but life happens and I got some financialstuff to take care of. Up for sale is a really rear set of old school crenshaws. The wheels are almost restored and with a little more work they will be a perfect and original wheel for your setup. In my opinion they have the perfect ET for either a MK2 or MK3. If you have any questions you can email me at brad.maselbas@gmail.com or call/text me at 727-481-6397

THE WHEELS ARE LOCATED IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!

Price
$800 plus shipping from 28762 or you cam pick them up locally

Info
The wheels are Crenshaw Classics circa mid80's There are only three sets I have ever seen and only one other set that is staggered. So they are definitely very rare. The wheels are currently 5x126 (or what ever the corvette pattern is), but can be redrilled to 5x100. I was going to get them redrilled for my mk3 and was quoted around $180. All the hardware is still available for purchase either through crenshaw them self (they are very expensive) or you can outsource them online or through a nut and bolt dealer.

Specs
The fronts are 16x8 et30
The rears are 16x9.5 et12
Volkswagen center caps from a set of phonedials
True 2 piece

The good
All four wheels have been stripped to the bare aluminum. The 16x8s have been polished and are in great condition(pics below). All the centers have been powder coated cream including center caps. Includes four VW teardrop center caps. The caps fit perfectly. They sit up a bit, but fit excellent and make the wheels look factory and very clean.

The bad
I wouldn't necessarily say that this is bad, but they do need some work and I always try to to be honest and straight up. The rear wheels need to still be polished. The hardware needs to be replaced, but as stated above this part is easy. I grabbed a sample nut and bolt from a local store and it works perfectly. I think the total cost for the nuts and bolts was around $60. One of the rear wheels has a very small crack in it(see pic below). It is any easy repair at a wheel shop and would also be inexpensive. I just moved to NC and all I have is the barrels at the moment. The centers didn't get powder coated in time for me to pick them up and they are located in FL. They will be shipped to me on Saturday Oct. 19th. So i should have pics of the wheel with the centers somtime mid week. I was going to re-drill the wheels and run spacer in the front but it is do able to run them with adapters with a little fender work and camber in the rear.
I am not trying to hide anything about these wheels

They are older there is some imperfections but nothing that cannot be fixed or corrected. If you have any Q's feel free to ask.

Here are some reference pics of what the wheels could look like. These are not the actual wheels on the MK2. They are the same specs and exactly the same style wheel (Thanks Casey!!!!!)

Here are the actual wheels. Minus the center and caps......for now.

Here is that small crack I talked about

Here's a pic of the hardware sample i got from the store

Heres the color the centers and caps are powder coated.