Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Importing FAQ Compilation! (Courtsey of RiceRocket)

Old 04-03-2005, 01:11 PM
THE HAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by celm
i never said that the parts i sell are 50 state DOT and EPA legal

Then they arent street legal! Plus they arent "parts" after you "assemble" them again..
Old 04-04-2005, 12:40 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

hey charles i hear Motorex is taking deposits for a skylines.you should get in on it
Frank...quit while you are ahead. First...you have several people that EI owes from the whole 'EVO7' deal.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...lution+imports

Let's check the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
http://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch...07330012002719
Customer Experience
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).
you guys never learn....
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

OUT OF PATIENCE, AND OUT THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS
#67947217 - 03/31/05 10:44 PM
Recently(well actually since October)
I bought an R33 GTR through a company called Evolution Imports, out of Orlando/Ft.Lauderdale, Florida. The entire process was only supposed to take around 4-5 weeks, but the company insured itself through the contract, 10 weeks. Well the 10 weeks went by, which turned into 4 and now 5 months( 6 months the 25th of this month, April) NO CAR.
The company offered to give me a refund more than a month ago and I took the offer. They sent me a check for my money- THE CHECK STILL WONT CLEAR. The company has promised me my money several times, and to this day I still dont have it. I called the branch manager of the bank Evolution Imports uses, and they tell me, that the particular account has never seen a dime. Im writing this post mainly in the security of everyone- on, and off this board- so no one will go through what Im going through right now. Ive contacted the State Attourney General's office and have an arrest warrant standing by for the man in charge of the operation. Basically, he needs to come up with the money ASAP. The company as I said has told me time and time again what days I should have had my money. I trusted the money would be in my hands for the past month, and I've also lost deposits on "real existing cars" that Id planned on buying upon recieving my refund. Apparently, this exact situation has happened to 4-5 other people from what the State Attourney G's office tells me. All I can say about this whole thing is, SPREAD THE WORD! DO NOT USE EVOLUTION IMPORTS.
DO NOT USE EVOLUTION IMPORTS.
Until I get my money back I'll change this post, which I have on about 30 other national boards.
Thanks and goodluck to all soon-to-be GTR owners!

TAKE THIS ADVICE SERIOUSLY- THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE, IM LIVING PROOF.
I suggest you take your scam somewhere else....
Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com

Last edited by RiceRocket; 04-04-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by RiceRocket
Frank...quit while you are ahead. First...you have several people that EI owes from the whole 'EVO7' deal.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...lution+imports

Let's check the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
http://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch...07330012002719

you guys never learn....

I suggest you take your scam somewhere else....
Charles
oh yeah,we are a bunch of scammers allright charles
would scammers refund money!!!
we just like to scam people, we refunded his $.i didnt know scammers do that
Old 04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
THE HAMMER

Certianly they would if under legal pressure.....

Fact is... There are more threads out there on the internet of customers who were not happy, lost their cars, or had other bad things happen than there are success stories (ive not seen ANY success stories).

If I was your teacher I wouldnt be giving you an A+.. You'd be recieving a D at best (and thats if you come up with twice as many good as ive seen bad!)

that'd be 66%!

I just dont see you being able to generate enough trust with your consumer base to generate much positive business.

Last edited by Slash; 04-11-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:56 AM

its like any type of used car business or any business.you have your happy customers,and your not so happy.and you know that 99% of people that get something and love it,we dont go around spreading the chear.but if it was something that we werent happy about it, we make it known.cause that our nature

also this kid didnt mention that we sold his old skyline for him cause he wanted a newer one,we paid for the advertising for it.we didnt charge him anything to do it.we also when the car first got delayed that we will give him is $ back,but he said he wants to wait.then he wanted his $ back and then he wanted to wait.after playing musical chairs for a wile.he was like just give me a check to hold i wont cash it.so we did that!!but if we were to scam,we could had easy filed bankrupt and then came out with a new name and clean books

Last edited by celm; 04-11-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
THE HAMMER

I havent seen any happy customers... This kid is the BEST example ive seen ONLY becuase he got his money back! Thats not even a customer anymore, thats a temporary investor (he gave money, and got it back with no exchange of property).

Again, show me some success stories of people who have recieved a vehicle. (I wont even ask you to show me the federally legal ones.... Just show me a delivery that worked).
Old 04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

these are simple instances that can easily be found. The point is, you guys make a business out of trying to rip people off. why don't you just go away? People on TR are broke.

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 04-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by RiceRocket
these are simple instances that can easily be found. The point is, you guys make a business out of trying to rip people off. why don't you just go away? People on TR are broke.

Charles
to start off dont talk for other people!!!you dont know them or there finances.if you only knew how many emails i get a day from TR members asking me what i have what can i get.we just bought another R34 GTT.and guess what forum he is from .so you think you know your members,i dont think so!! Just because you cut and past stuff from the DOT web site ,doesnt mean you know what you are talking about
Old 04-11-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Slash
I havent seen any happy customers... This kid is the BEST example ive seen ONLY becuase he got his money back! Thats not even a customer anymore, thats a temporary investor (he gave money, and got it back with no exchange of property).

Again, show me some success stories of people who have recieved a vehicle. (I wont even ask you to show me the federally legal ones.... Just show me a delivery that worked).
www.victorbrant.com

thats a EI car

and you know why no one talks about there cars.there tired of jealous people like you giving them shit about there cars.AND DONT EVEN TELL ME THAT IF YOU CAME ACROSS THAT JDM CAR YOU ALWAYS WANTED YOU WOULDNT TAKE IT!!!

Last edited by celm; 04-11-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:08 PM
THE HAMMER

Ok... Theres one car. We are up to like a 4% success rate, and its still not legal...