Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

Importing FAQ Compilation! (Courtsey of RiceRocket)

Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mostly the GT-R body I think...there are people who do RB26 swaps in stuff over here, but GT-Rs have MUCH more going for them than just the engine....for example, ATESSA (if they had it on R33s) brakes, suspension, etc. etc. that come together to make a Skyline a Skyline. Else that would be a good idea, though not enough people would go that route I think, which is why it hasnt happened.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 05-25-2005, 06:53 PM

Oh, it reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaly fuckin pisses me off to type a long reply only to have my internet connection die and lose it.

Suffice it to say that there is the kit-car option if it is an actual kit-car. You can get an R32 GTR over here in Japan for as low as $8500 - not in pristine condition, but still it is a whole car. A rolling chassis, minus the body, should be able to go for less than $5000. Figure at least $5000 for a kit, parts, and any labor you might not be able to do on your own and you're looking at a street legal GTR for around $10,000 - much less than a MotoRex conversion and safer than an illegal car.

I'm a poor teacher right now, but I won't always be. My wife is Japanese and she absolutely loves the 30s style kit cars and even wants to help build when in a few years when we're able to do so - and she isn't even into cars! Don't think that a 30s style kit will fit the GTR chassis, but too many people have a herdlike mentality. Anyone seen the Ferrari based kit for the 240Z chassis? Pure sex and different from anything else you're likely to see in a year's time.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:05 AM

scourge,its not even worth waisting your breath or the trouble typing here.these guys are experts cause they copy and paiste phrases from the DOT and EPA website.it doesnt matter what you say its illegal.and if you put to gether a skyline its illegal.but if you get a noble M12 ,who does these same practice to sell in the US it legal cause its not a skyline.you can have the bill of lading,manufacture certificate of origin and a certifcate of origin for the car.cause these guys are experts they will still say it was imported illegally.and motorex is god and there the only ones that can import a skyline,that why DOT isnt allowing anymore to be legalized
Old 06-01-2005, 08:29 AM
THE HAMMER

The DOT isnt letting more be legalized because they dont meet with OBD2 standards... and once again. NEITHER DO YOUR, not kit, not from parts, not legal vehicles.

We are taking our information from the highest level. You are the psuedo-expert on this topic when put in comparison with the law of the land.....

End of story
Old 06-01-2005, 08:31 AM
THE HAMMER

Originally Posted by RiceRocket
[B][COLOR=Orange]
I personally do not care what you do, it's your option. I only choose to inform you that you may be commiting multiple federal felonies, and that the peneties can be steep.

We end this nonsense with this, as this was the intention of this thread.