Toyota/Lexus Tech Got an MR2? This is the place for you! Celicas, Camrys, and Supras too!

MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Won't fake the funk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha... well not much to take pictures of. Its been a lot of loose ends... starting to tie up.

First off, the subframe is mounted in... got most of the bushings done (traction arm isnt complete in the following picture..). I had to buy new eccentric cam bolts for the arms. Very pricey, but it needs to come off jackstands eventually! I picked up Tokico Illumina rears locally for $50 to match my fronts which came on the car. So I finally have a matching complete spring/shock combo.. H&R and Tokico Illuminas... good enough for now! Ordered some parking brake parts which I broke or age broke. Diff is fully rebuilt and installed... axle cv's have been repacked... it was not my intention to do it, but I knocked the cover plate off, so I was forced to do so

In this pic if you look closely you can see the 1.75" DOM tubing that helps brace the subframe. (above axle)

Bought a modified Porsche oil thermostat. Has -10an fittings already welded on.. not bad for $50... opens at 175* or so like every other one.

Bought another 4" SS Vband assembly... and bought some silver -10an hose ends to see if I like this color theme... Nice thing about silver, they wont show scratches... bad this is its kind of boring... I just feel black may scratch too fast/bad if I need to take it off without tape or anything.

I bought a 1uzfe VVTI engine with a BHG for $100... I will eventually build this engine up for the Supra... but for now, it sits... because it was such a good deal, I had to buy it haha...

Welding on all the parts take some serious time. So thats been the hold up... probably has another 10hours left in the manifolds to go..

MK3 Supra - 1uzfe, Quantum Manual Swap, HX52 Billet Comp, Enkei NT03+M, JIC Reclineables... etc...
Golf TDI Diesel - 45+mpg's

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 11-10-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Won't fake the funk.

Update..for Justin.... a whole lot of standing... and not a lot of doing.. lol

MK3 Supra - 1uzfe, Quantum Manual Swap, HX52 Billet Comp, Enkei NT03+M, JIC Reclineables... etc...
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Better known BrownMK3Kid

lots of awesome here............
Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Never Follow!

Update!

2004 Tupperware Mobile- DD Duty
1987 Toyota Supra- Hardtop and a swap. (In Progress)
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa- Gone but not forgot.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Won't fake the funk.

Well good news and bad news... had some issues with the DP and 4" just will not fit in this configuration. So if anyone has a pre 89 front subframe, hit me up. Going to put a non modified subframe in the car and run a 3" DP... sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good news though... I got some Enkei NT03+M's, 18x9.5 +27 and 18x10.5 +30 brand new and I also managed to keep the JIC Reclineable seats from my SC400 after I sold it.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Never Follow!

That sucks to hear. I will keep an eye out for a 88 and before subframe for you bud.

2004 Tupperware Mobile- DD Duty
1987 Toyota Supra- Hardtop and a swap. (In Progress)
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa- Gone but not forgot.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Won't fake the funk.

Alright its been awhile since I updated. Besides being busy like everyone excuse... I have been having troubles with my downpipe. I cannot fit the size I want through the subframe without just hitting everything in the way. Its partially due to the manifold design. So instead of making new manifolds and wasting more time and money, I will be bumper dumping the exhaust. Yes it will be loud, but I will be making a smaller sized muffler fit without it being noticable along the way. This will allow me to run the stock location of my steering rack (had to lower it because of the DP) and stock mount location (had to move it for the DP).

So I picked up an 89+ subframe for $50 locally and started to get everything ready to go to make new mounts etc.

Cut a lot of pie cuts to make my tight radius bumper dumper... so when I have time this weekend I will start to work on this. I went 3.5" this time.. I didnt feel 4" was needed (except to have bragging rights) and it was really tough to fit through the subframe.. so I got 3.5" and now im having it go out the bumper anyways..... so... since its nice clean fresh tubing, 3.5" dump.

I sold my SC400, but managed to keep the JIC seats... so those will be going in the Supra... The interior of the Supra will be black.

And I got my Quantum Auto Feramic Clutch w/ 2050lbs clamping pressure on the pressure plate.

So thats it for now, luckily since this DP will be resolved like so, the engine will go in as soon as I receive my clutch.... once I get everything squared away in the engine bay, I will fill the holes, make some custom heat shields, paint the bay blitz black and put all the **** back in.. again... lol.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:39 AM

Back in Biz lets get it bro!

Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 AM
more class than college

Fucking awesome MAN build. GL.

team v8 in the works. hold one tango.....
hot hot heat in the cup!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Tuner Eclipse

Im buying a 89+ supra turbo parts car soon so let me know if you need anything off of it matt, goes for everyone else too! And post some updated pics of your slow supra