The TRuck Forum Trucks, Jeeps, bajeep!

converting a dually to single wheel?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting a dually to single wheel?

Is that possible and if it is. is it worth time or money? what is the benifit and point?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Race Photographer

All you need is a really wide rim and the correct offset, the benefits? maybe if you drag raced it or wanted that look.

"I am and what I do are not a taxable commodity for you to use and abuse" - Me

This is my fuck the government movement

Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM

well i know that they did it for the transformers movie which LOOKED BAD ASS but i didnt know it was commen practice!
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Slower Than Dial-up...

Not exactly common.. but I can see where it would/could add some traction... but also increase rolling mass/parasitic drag... but to answer your question, yes it can be done.. and I am sure there are kits... I just personally don't know of them off the top of my head...
Old 12-27-2007, 06:03 PM

a DRW axle is different then a SRW axle, you can not just bolt up a new bed and factory rims, the rear end will be narrower, at least on fords. Most companies use two different tubes. I'd keep a DRW vehicle, they are doughnut machines.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Minitrucks Rule!

that mod used to be big with the sport truck scene back in the day. hit up sporttruck mag or streettrucks or truckin for info if your interested. i'm sure u can contact them and they can lead you in the right direction. personally i think it looks bad ass especially from behind on a slammed dually. if i had a scanner here i would send a pic from orlando from 97-98 at a watermania show in orlando. good luck

91 s10 reg cab with 350/350. holley 650 dbl pumper, comp cam, shift kit, edel intake, full msd ignition. looking to trade for clean early 90's mini. prefer clean stock 5sp 4cyl toyota or nissan. s10 body is good, needs paint and tires(bought from old country dude and has 31s on back) and has no a/c or heat.