The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

03' SRT4 vs 04' Lancer Evolution VIII

Old 08-20-2003, 10:18 PM
Forever Broke Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nevermind. that was just ridiculous

Old 08-21-2003, 07:25 AM
charger

i dunno but it doesn't look like he's trying??
Green 96 TURBO
Old 08-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Bukkake!!

Lest anyone should forget that the SRT-4 puts out a claimed 230-ish fwhp to two wheels, and the EVO VIII puts out a claimed 273 fwhp to an AWD platform; even with less fwhp, the SRT is likely besting the EVO for the power it actually puts to the ground after the drivetrain steals its share. The other point is one of a 2.0L to a 2.4L; the SRT is probably pulling harder earlier in the RPM band, giving it the means to match whatever it lacks from two wheel drive. The Neon is a two door, and the EVO is a four door; which do you think tips the scales a little further? I'm sure the EVO is trying, but how much I won't guess at. It's a good race, just to see how it turns out; but my money whould have been on the SRT-4, anyhow.
John
Old 08-21-2003, 02:28 PM
dsm
rice sleeper

the neon is pretty quick, but that guy doesnt know how to drive the evo. his launches were horrible. good kill.
Jalvarez Studio
Old 08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
a.k.a. NeonDan

all 2nd generation NEONS..SRT included are 4 doors while the SRT4 is the pigglet of the bunch at 2970lbs. I feel bad for the Evo driver cause my friend is a National SCCA ProSolo Champion and he well the vid shows what he is...

Skittles.....tasty arent they?

Try the newest flavors yet?...Orange blast and white mint

I specialize in SRT4 tuning/troubleshooting/repairs.....
Old 08-21-2003, 05:37 PM
danse

Lest anyone should forget that the SRT-4 puts out a claimed 230-ish fwhp to two wheels, and the EVO VIII puts out a claimed 273 fwhp to an AWD platform; even with less fwhp, the SRT is likely besting the EVO for the power it actually puts to the ground after the drivetrain steals its share. The other point is one of a 2.0L to a 2.4L; the SRT is probably pulling harder earlier in the RPM band, giving it the means to match whatever it lacks from two wheel drive. The Neon is a two door, and the EVO is a four door; which do you think tips the scales a little further? I'm sure the EVO is trying, but how much I won't guess at. It's a good race, just to see how it turns out; but my money whould have been on the SRT-4, anyhow.
If you're drag racing an AWD car and intend to win, you cannot launch like this guy and if you ever race a FWD car from a roll, you'd better have a big power/gearing advantage, otherwise you get owned. The EVO driver got worked, even if he is stock. That skittle walked him pretty good. Assuming the EVO is on stock power, I can see getting used from a roll, but I would think it would have been closer from a dig. He just gets clean walked on. :o

I run a trubo 2.0L AWD running less boost and making more power than the EVO. Like I said, that EVO needs some work!

Want to know what the war in Iraq is really costing America? Click here
Old 08-24-2003, 10:30 AM
GO YANKEES!!!

I just slammed my head into the keyboard. That EVO driver was one of the worst drivers I have seen, that or he has never had an AWD car. Either way, you won and good kills. -KEVIN-
Old 08-24-2003, 06:19 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

Congrats on the kills to whoever owned the skittle. I'll agree with others, I think a lot of it was driver skill. If true, good job on finding an exceptionally bad evo driver!
Old 08-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Moon Equipped

was this local and if so, was the owner some little punk kid?

if so, i promise you this- he is the biggest douschebag you will ever meet in your life. came out in mommy's S4 automatic one night before he was given the EVO claiming he could walk me up and down, sayin it ran 11's.

just an owner like that is enough to make me lose respect for an evo.

your friend deserved to win the EVO had a shitty driver.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Chowdah-head

Originally posted by b16aRacer
was this local and if so, was the owner some little punk kid?

if so, i promise you this- he is the biggest douschebag you will ever meet in your life. came out in mommy's S4 automatic one night before he was given the EVO claiming he could walk me up and down, sayin it ran 11's.

just an owner like that is enough to make me lose respect for an evo.

your friend deserved to win the EVO had a shitty driver.
this is the same kid i made a total ASS out of at Shell on gandy, he came up revving his motor, and i walked up while he had his hood up, laid down a $20 and said "this is yours if you can tell me what kind of turbo this car has" and he just looked at me totally dumbfounded, i said something along the lines of him being a disgrace and walked away shaking my head, he left promptly...