The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

4th generation max vs. ls1

Old 01-28-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rAy_02Z28
How is that a mistake?....there will always be somebody who has a faster car....

If you dump enough $$ into any car its going to be fast ....no need to flame the camaro

for the maxima though....

Everyone can be beat that is true. However, there is 8-9K in the car and 3.5K in the SC with tune time on the MAX. That is far less money than the SS. Just making a point about even though there is little to know aftermatket support for us it still take relatively little money to be fast.

BTW...the time was 12.2x that run and his best times are ns the high 11's...all for less than 15K. He's not the fastest either.

I just like the part where the douche bag anouncer has to eat his own words after he passingly makes fun of the four door, six cylinder, fwd maxima. Funny how so many things going against that car yet it is still stout enough to dethrown his almighty domestic, v-8, rwd. Although, i'm sure there was more left in the SS...just as there is more left in the peuny 3ltr(isn't that almost half the size of the ls1?
Old 01-29-2004, 04:59 AM
use two fingers

Originally posted by `92CXhatch
damn... i wanted to see his time!!!
-Keith
Ditto!
Old 01-29-2004, 05:20 AM
Civic Racing eXperiment

Originally posted by tampamax
....I just like the part where the douche bag anouncer has to eat his own words after he passingly makes fun of the four door, six cylinder, fwd maxima. Funny how so many things going against that car yet it is still stout enough to dethrown his almighty domestic, v-8, rwd. Although, i'm sure there was more left in the SS...just as there is more left in the peuny 3ltr(isn't that almost half the size of the ls1?

+1
Old 01-29-2004, 05:47 AM
N2O Lover

Everyone can be beat that is true. However, there is 8-9K in the car and 3.5K in the SC with tune time on the MAX. That is far less money than the SS. Just making a point about even though there is little to know aftermatket support for us it still take relatively little money to be fast.
Nothing against the Max but I could buy a $4,000 1997 Camaro throw in a $4,500 supercharger kit and run freaking 11's all day.

Cut me a break. You import guys are a bit full of yourselfs.

Put $$$ in a car it goes fast. Period.

My next round of upgrades will probably put me in the high 10's. (Cam, Headers, subframe connectors)

Cost to put me in the 11's? (Keep in mind I did little or no work on the car myself. I paid)

Vemon N2O - $1200
Cold Air induction lid etc - $300
Stall - $700
Upgraded tranny - $1800
Exhaust - $300
Tuning tools etc... - $500

If I had a manual I probably would not even needed a tranny nor a stall! Just would have had to throw in a good clutch.

You all need a reality check

Camaros and T/A's with an LS1 run 13.6-12.9 off the showroom floor. Maxima? 265 horsepower and 255 ft-lbs of torque. Motor Trend magazine clocked the 5th generation Maxima at 6.7 seconds 0-60mph and 15.1 seconds quarter mile. Not impressed sorry.
Best Times 1/4
N/A - 12.56@110.51
N2O - 11.43@123.15
100 shot
See My Cars - Listen to the 224/228 closed & open - My Latest Video of Drag Run
Originally posted by moldyhands
Show me an 11 second import that only has a few thousand in it, and I'll show you a car owner that's always talking about when his car's going to get fixed and what broke.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Civic Racing eXperiment

Originally posted by DebianDog
...camaros and T/A's with an LS1 run 13.6-12.9 off the showroom floor. Maxima? 265 horsepower and 255 ft-lbs of torque. Motor Trend magazine clocked the 5th generation Maxima at 6.7 seconds 0-60mph and 15.1 seconds quarter mile. Not impressed sorry.
That body shell max only makes around 190hp stock A stock ls1 makes like what, 320hp. The max is also front wheel drive which is harder to launch.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:05 AM
N2O Lover

Sorry I am not up on my Max history...

I have OWNED like 3 FWD imports (Pulsar, 200SX, Civic) but thanks for the info.

Edit: I think the 200sx was RWD... I forget it was like 12 years ago.
Best Times 1/4
N/A - 12.56@110.51
N2O - 11.43@123.15
100 shot
Show me an 11 second import that only has a few thousand in it, and I'll show you a car owner that's always talking about when his car's going to get fixed and what broke.

Last edited by DebianDog; 01-29-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:23 AM
World Skee-Ball Champion

Originally posted by MonteCarlo31
I have seen that camaro run before being from maryland, up north they are very very tight about roll cages especially at that track (and several others including 75 and 80 two min from my house). I'll agree that car is quick but the camaro had more in it. For example my frind has a GN that runs 128 mph trap but 12.XX in the 1/4 b/c he doesn't have a cage. It's all a game up there. But there are not nearly as many fast cars

► Home Buying & Selling Finance Tips ◄
[/b]
Old 01-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Nothing against the Max but I could buy a $4,000 1997 Camaro throw in a $4,500 supercharger kit and run freaking 11's all day.

Cut me a break. You import guys are a bit full of yourselfs.

Put $$$ in a car it goes fast. Period.

My next round of upgrades will probably put me in the high 10's. (Cam, Headers, subframe connectors)

Cost to put me in the 11's? (Keep in mind I did little or no work on the car myself. I paid)

Vemon N2O - $1200
Cold Air induction lid etc - $300

Stall - $700
Upgraded tranny - $1800
Exhaust - $300
Tuning tools etc... - $500

If I had a manual I probably would not even needed a tranny nor a stall! Just would have had to throw in a good clutch.

You all need a reality check

Camaros and T/A's with an LS1 run 13.6-12.9 off the showroom floor. Maxima? 265 horsepower and 255 ft-lbs of torque. Motor Trend magazine clocked the 5th generation Maxima at 6.7 seconds 0-60mph and 15.1 seconds quarter mile. Not impressed sorry.

Well aren't you special you can take a 12 or 13 second car, dump over 4,500 dollars in it, and barely get it into the 11's whoopdy freak'n doo. And your saying that a 15 second car running 11's isn't an accomplishment? And trust me on this, he has spent way less money on his car than you, it is more reliable, has the sleeper effect, is not a striped down car, and is not the fastest out there.

BTW, we aren't mag racing here with the C&D spec's so forget about quoting your precious numbers.

Its the ignorant mullethead mentality that ruins the fun and appreciation of seeing fast cars and giving them there props because you morons are to busy argueing some kind of excuse for you beloved Camaro or Mustang. And don't even begin to say that i can't appreciate those kinds of cars cause i have restored more domestic steel then you will ever own cars in your life time.

Last edited by tampamax; 01-29-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:33 PM
N2O Lover

Well aren't you special you can take a 12 or 13 second car, dump over 4,500 dollars in it, and barely get it into the 11's whoopdy freak'n doo. And your saying that a 15 second car running 11's isn't an accomplishment? And trust me on this, he has spent way less money on his car than you, it is more reliable, has the sleeper effect, is not a striped down car, and is not the fastest out there.

BTW, we are mag racing here with the C&D spec's so forget about quoting your precious numbers.

Its the ignorant mullethead mentality that ruins the fun and appreciation of seeing fast cars and giving them there props because you morons are to busy argueing some kind of excuse for you beloved Camaro or Mustang. And don't even begin to say that i can't appreciate those kinds of cars cause i have restored more domestic steel then you will ever own cars in your life time.
pssttt... stupid ass - ricer - dreamer. Number one mid 11's is not "barely get it into the 11". Two I have seen 11 second LS1's with a stall and weight reduction. Whats that you say? A stall and no other $$$? Yes that is all it takes. Pretty simple. You so fuckin stupid and closed minded you kill me.

Yes maybe HE has spent less $$$ than -I- have, I also have a almost NEW car. I have seen PLENTY of 11 second Camaro/TAs/Mustangs in the 11 while imports are few and far between. Why? Because it cost a lot of freakin' money to make an import go fast unless you deal with eBay parts, so save it pal.

I go to the track (real racing not some street B.S.) twice a month during the summer and THANK GOD this year, at the track, they had the decency to put "sports compacts' in thier own class because it got QUITE boring watch all the domestics spank that ass... run after run.

Now that is not to say I never saw a "scobby" with a cold air-intake and upgraded turbos rape a Camaro but the fact is, he spent $$$ to get it like that. So... Unless you have a shop and do all the work yourself or you steal the parts an import cost more $$$ to make go fast.

Given $10,000 and having to buy a car and new parts I will take a domestic. Every day! Hell, I would take a K-car over a Max for that matter. I will smoke your ass on 10K.

Save your arrogant. ignorant, young-ass blathering. You have no idea... obviously. Or you are so sold on the whole idea of imports you can't see straight. Like it says in my sig you can take a $3000 K-car and put it in the 10's but it is still a freakin' k-car. The Max is a nice car, I would drive it, but it will NEVER see 10's without an ASSLOAD of coin. PERIOD!
Best Times 1/4
N/A - 12.56@110.51
N2O - 11.43@123.15
100 shot
Old 01-29-2004, 08:16 PM

pssttt... stupid ass - ricer - dreamer. Number one mid 11's is not "barely get it into the 11". Two I have seen 11 second LS1's with a stall and weight reduction. Whats that you say? A stall and no other $$$? Yes that is all it takes. Pretty simple. You so fuckin stupid and closed minded you kill me.

Yes maybe HE has spent less $$$ than -I- have, I also have a almost NEW car. I have seen PLENTY of 11 second Camaro/TAs/Mustangs in the 11 while imports are few and far between. Why? Because it cost a lot of freakin' money to make an import go fast unless you deal with eBay parts, so save it pal.

I go to the track (real racing not some street B.S.) twice a month during the summer and THANK GOD this year, at the track, they had the decency to put "sports compacts' in thier own class because it got QUITE boring watch all the domestics spank that ass... run after run.

Now that is not to say I never saw a "scobby" with a cold air-intake and upgraded turbos rape a Camaro but the fact is, he spent $$$ to get it like that. So... Unless you have a shop and do all the work yourself or you steal the parts an import cost more $$$ to make go fast.

Given $10,000 and having to buy a car and new parts I will take a domestic. Every day! Hell, I would take a K-car over a Max for that matter. I will smoke your ass on 10K.

Save your arrogant. ignorant, young-ass blathering. You have no idea... obviously. Or you are so sold on the whole idea of imports you can't see straight. Like it says in my sig you can take a $3000 K-car and put it in the 10's but it is still a freakin' k-car. The Max is a nice car, I would drive it, but it will NEVER see 10's without an ASSLOAD of coin. PERIOD!

For the air that you breath and the bandwidth you take up you are a complete waist. You have made no point, rather you seem pretty content to sit around and try to argue over nothing. This has nothing to do with rice, it has to do with the fact that a car that has relatively little money invested in it, that is your everyday driver, can go head to head with the big boys and whoop some ass. Most of all nobody would ever expect it from that car.
I think the best part about the whole video is the mentality of people like you was clearly portrayed by the annoucer and then he had to eat his own words. Maybe when you get back from cow tip'n and shooting watermelons off fence posts tonight you'll watch the video again and see that. Or is that to painful for you to admit that there are just as good cars out there that are not a chevy or ford? Why don't you go find another thread to go whore up.

Thank you, now please drive on through.