The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

4th generation max vs. ls1

Old 02-10-2004, 10:59 AM
N2O Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most SS/TA F-0bodies run 30K i work for a dealership ASS
Have to remember never to go there Like I said THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM IN 2 YEARS. How the fuck can you charge 30k.

I can see you did not read this whole thread. Hell... I do not even think you read my last post let me be clear on this for you guys in the cheap seats:

.I LIKE IMPORTS

I do not hunt. I am far from a redneck. I have owned 3 or 4 imports. Like techno, and keep my hair short.

I am far from ignorant to the power of the import. I watch them run 16-12 second 1/4 miles all summer long. Amazing how few run there are < 11 seconds, really, given their sheer number.

Like I said earlier I have seen a scooby lay the smack down on an SS before but, he spent a lot on money getting it that way. Any car can be made fast. Which is what initiated this whole thing.

They make the power but not safely and economicly
I will be sure and tell that to the 1000's of Camaro, Trans-Am, and Corvette owners that have 10 and 11 second "daily drivers". If you can't make an LS1 run right be sure to never come near my car. You do not know WTF you are doing.

Lastly I believe the Neon SRT or whatever the hell it is spanks most of your modded import shit of the showroom floor with the Dodge level 1 turbo upgrade. hmmm???

Oh and I have been to the orient (both Japan and Korea). Those people are still shitting in holes bro. Not technolgy I am missing. Hell most cannot afford a car. Get over yourself really.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda Tech/ Local AssHole

Originally posted by DebianDog
Have to remember never to go there Like I said THEY HAVE NOT MADE THEM IN 2 YEARS. How the fuck can you charge 30k.

I can see you did not read this whole thread. Hell... I do not even think you read my last post let me be clear on this for you guys in the cheap seats:

.I LIKE IMPORTS

I do not hunt. I am far from a redneck. I have owned 3 or 4 imports. Like techno, and keep my hair short.

I am far from ignorant to the power of the import. I watch them run 16-12 second 1/4 miles all summer long. Amazing how few run there are < 11 seconds, really, given their sheer number.

Like I said earlier I have seen a scooby lay the smack down on an SS before but, he spent a lot on money getting it that way. Any car can be made fast. Which is what initiated this whole thing.

I will be sure and tell that to the 1000's of Camaro, Trans-Am, and Corvette owners that have 10 and 11 second "daily drivers". If you can't make an LS1 run right be sure to never come near my car. You do not know WTF you are doing.

Lastly I believe the Neon SRT or whatever the hell it is spanks most of your modded import shit of the showroom floor with the Dodge level 1 turbo upgrade. hmmm???

Oh and I have been to the orient (both Japan and Korea). Those people are still shitting in holes bro. Not technolgy I am missing. Hell most cannot afford a car. Get over yourself really.

jesus SHUT UP ! a ta will run you like 30k out the door go look for one. At a dealership. And yes tell the 1000;s of f-body owners that and they will agree. With the Displacement and design of the engine it should have ALOT more power than its producing. By far its one of GMs better engines but not the best. and compaired to an import 4cyl its a shitty design compair a 4cyl and rationalize its numbers and if it was a V8 it would have lot more horses than a LS1. Im glad you like Imports !! im happy for you !

Th SRT is a non domestic design taken from DSM series of engie redesigned and actually engineered or performance one of the ONLY companies Domestci wise to do this. GM tried this with the LD9 and Super Charger But their again their engineering department are a bunch of idioits I met Susan i think he name is the Head Designer for Th J-body car group in Ohio During our J-body bash 2 years ago they bar far are the dumbest people on the earth. Ian carllial owns his own J-body performace company they use his Engineering for their designs RKport Took one of his engineers to design shit for their products. GM are idioits ! Compaired to The Slant eyes we are far behind !!

and as for getting over myself i cant do that im too pretty !
Old 02-10-2004, 12:07 PM
N2O Lover

O.K. genius. Honda, Nissan, and Mitsu all make V-8 ‘s the ONLY that comes close to making the power of an LS1 is the V8 in the Titan. Why then if they are so good at this do they not put these V-8’s in their cars?

Is your answer rotating mass? I hope it is. Spinning a 8 cylinder is a LOT different from spinning a 4 banger. Are you sure you are a mechanic?

Do you know why an LS1 is a push rod and not a DOHC? Of course you don’t because you are so biased you can’t see straight. Well let me school you.

On a warm, sunny day in May 1992, a ‘blind’ comparison test was performed by General Motors’ executives on a massive pavement area called Black Lake, deep within the secretive GM Milford Proving Grounds outside of Detroit, Michigan. The conclusions drawn from this test would change the course of history for General Motors Powertrain, its customers and the automobile industry.
At the time, the automotive business was ferociously arguing the merits of building complex, seemingly high tech, dual overhead cam (dohc) internal combustion engines versus building simple, seemingly low tech, pushrod engines. This hands-on comparison by the execs was to put the debate to a seat-of-the-pants experience and allow the leaders of GM to decide the course for the future for GM Powertrain.
The executive leadership of GM would drive pairs of similar appearing vehicles and compare how each vehicle felt—not knowing what engine type was powering the vehicles. Of most interest to readers of this book were two black Corvettes parked at the end of the lineup. One ‘Vette was fitted with a 330 hp, early version of the LT4 Gen II V8 pushrod engine. The other ‘Vette was equipped with the ZR1-spec, Lotus-designed, all-aluminum, dohc engine. Both vehicles were equipped with automatic transmissions. Both were fully integrated for their specific powerplants to give a real world experience to the executives.
The results surprised even the most ardent supporters of the pushrod architecture. The executives couldn’t get over how one of the ‘Vettes pulled from the moment they pressed on the throttle. The surge. The thrust. The torque.
In contrast, they commented on how the engine in the other ‘Vette seemed to take a moment to ‘wind up’ before pushing them back in the seat. This vehicle required more precision and planning when driving fast, to keep the engine up in the RPM band when the power was needed.
As the day went on, executive after executive came to the same conclusion. After all had tested the vehicles, the hoods were raised. To anyone who has driven or ridden in a 300+ hp small block Chevy V8 engine powered vehicle, it comes as no surprise the Corvette the executives liked was the Gen II pushrod V8-equipped vehicle.
From then on, the course for GMs V8 powertrain was set. The world’s finest pushrod V8 would be created to power the most profitable vehicle’s in the General Motors fleet. This was the birth of the Gen III small block V8.
Also if you think the arguments you have presented so far are going to get me to sell my bird. You are smoking some good dope down there in Florida. Hook a brother up!

as for getting over myself i cant do that im too pretty
I am SURE you are
Best Times 1/4
N/A - 12.56@110.51
N2O - 11.43@123.15
100 shot
See My Cars - Listen to the 224/228 closed & open - My Latest Video of Drag Run
Originally posted by moldyhands
Show me an 11 second import that only has a few thousand in it, and I'll show you a car owner that's always talking about when his car's going to get fixed and what broke.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:08 PM
towards antisocial

I have seen PLENTY of 11 second Camaro/TAs/Mustangs in the 11 while imports are few and far between. Why? Because it cost a lot of freakin' money to make an import go fast unless you deal with eBay parts, so save it pal.
you've shown your hand at this point. thats such bullsh!t. I'll give you just one example, even though most of us here could probably go on and on for DAYS.

I can take a S13 240SX, throw a RB25DET into it, run the engine with the stock turbo @ stock boost (7psi) for low 12's all day long. thats for how much money? $3000 for the car (and I can pick up a S13 w/ no engine for $1500 so play nice!!) , another $3000 for the engine, dual pwrd fans $100, and a driveline $400. $6500 for almost 11's. and the potential has just begun, we've just cracked the surface. the engine pushes to 400HP on the stock turbo. and aftermarket support is plentiful. now, you take the fact that Nissan builds BULLETPROOF blocks, the pistons and rods are usually manufactured to the highest standards and even outweigh the quality of aftermarket one's. for little money invested I could pick a couple different ways to wipe your arse all over the drag track, then move over to the autocross track and run circles around the SS.

its all about the quality of the engineering. the SS is a fast cheap car. the Max is a good fast quality piece of up-to-date engineering, not outdated technology. Why is it that parts interchangability runs back to the 50's and 60's for recent GM cars? can they not update 50 year old technology? have they not proffited enough yet? This, coming from someone with a 2002 C5 vette in the driveway right now. So, Im not really biased, its just... true.

Last edited by blueboost; 02-10-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by DebianDog
O.K. genius. Honda, Nissan, and Mitsu all make V-8 ‘s the ONLY that comes close to making the power of an LS1 is the V8 in the Titan. Why then if they are so good at this do they not put these V-8’s in their cars?

Is your answer rotating mass? I hope it is. Spinning a 8 cylinder is a LOT different from spinning a 4 banger. Are you sure you are a mechanic?

Do you know why an LS1 is a push rod and not a DOHC? Of course you don’t because you are so biased you can’t see straight. Well let me school you.

Also if you think the arguments you have presented so far are going to get me to sell my bird. You are smoking some good dope down there in Florida. Hook a brother up!

I am SURE you are

Im trying to piss you off and apprently its working !

A mechanic i am and a damn good one. Im just stating More bang for the buck from an import Small cc engine compaired to a F-body F-bodies r like Hondas every lil punk andhis mom has one ! DOnt get mad cause a Maxima could wax a Fbody !
Old 02-10-2004, 12:12 PM

oh and for those other V8s none are designed for HP performance like an Ls1 im sure if they wanted to they could well out perform a LS1. Honda 1200CC 1200HP Inline 4 now tell me they cant engineer wheres GMs ? oh wait they dont have one !
Old 02-10-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by Spyderxl98z24
jesus SHUT UP ! a ta will run you like 30k out the door go look for one. At a dealership. And yes tell the 1000;s of f-body owners that and they will agree.
!
Please find me a TA that costs 30k. Just one. Please, go find one.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by corey r.
Please find me a TA that costs 30k. Just one. Please, go find one.
regal Pontiac has 2 in used cars a red one and a white Aniversary edition ! both about 30k out the door !
Old 02-10-2004, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by blueboost
I can take a S13 240SX, throw a RB25DET into it, run the engine with the stock turbo @ stock boost (7psi) for low 12's all day long. thats for how much money? $3000 for the car (and I can pick up a S13 w/ no engine for $1500 so play nice!!)
there were at least 12 240's at the last TR track day, none of them were even close to hitting a 12.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by blueboost

its. Why is it that parts interchangability runs back to the 50's and 60's for recent GM cars? can they not update 50 year old technology? have they not proffited enough yet? This, coming from someone with a 2002 C5 vette in the driveway right now. So, Im not really biased, its just... true.
If you think the LS1 Shares anything similar to a 1950 Small block, you have no idea about cars and should not go anywhere near one.

Please trade in your toolbox for some crayons.