The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

F1 car races 2 streetcars

Old 01-31-2004, 12:51 PM
bad ass fonzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not suction. it's called downforce. at 200 mph, the ferrari f1 makes more than 2000 lbs of downforce- and the car only weighs 1300 lbs- which is why it could hypothetically ride on a ceiling.
it's redline is 18,000 rpms and makes 800 hp at 17,500 (and 250 lb/ft at 15,500). just a tidbit about downforce- when the ferrari releases the throttle at 180 mph, it begins to decelerate at 1.1Gs. thats the same as a corvette c5 in full ABS. AND THATS JUST RELEASING THE THROTTLE.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:53 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by DaTruth
The video was cool, but I think the test cars they used sucked. There are a bunch of street cars to choose from. Why didn't they choose a Ferrari Enzo? Maybe that video is b4 the Enzo's time. Ok, why not a Vette or a Viper?
Or even a new Camaro of 03 Cobra...
That would be nice competition between the two. Let the Camaro run first then let the 03 pull second, then give em whatever amount of time before the F1 peels off.
Or lets just call it a day and bring an 00 Cobra R out there, after all, thats what it was made for...
Old 01-31-2004, 12:55 PM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by sloaccord
it's not suction. it's called downforce. at 200 mph, the ferrari f1 makes more than 2000 lbs of downforce- and the car only weighs 1300 lbs- which is why it could hypothetically ride on a ceiling.
it's redline is 18,000 rpms and makes 800 hp at 17,500 (and 250 lb/ft at 15,500). just a tidbit about downforce- when the ferrari releases the throttle at 180 mph, it begins to decelerate at 1.1Gs. thats the same as a corvette c5 in full ABS. AND THATS JUST RELEASING THE THROTTLE.
YOUR CORRECT ITS CALLED DOWNFORCE! Jesus , who cares? I knew that but didn't have the word in my head at the moment.Would you not agree that there is suction there? Its neg pressure holding the car down.....
And with that force IT WOULD ride on a cieling, road that was paved for upside usage ETC...
Lets not be sooo ooooh informative
Old 01-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Senior Citizen

It would not run for long, as the downforce does not apply to the vehicles oiling system which I doubt is designed to go inverted.

09' Ninja 500R

09' Stella
Old 02-01-2004, 12:22 AM
bad ass fonzie

it might, tony- it's a dry sump system with eight (thats right, eight) scavenge pumps placed throughout the engine. . . . even on the heads. . . . but i wonder how the fuel is pumped- if the pump is on the bottom of the tank like a street car, then obviously that would be a problem. . .. and how long can someone drive upside down? a minute? two? humans dont make any downforce. lol.

and just to be a total prick, there is a difference between downforce and suction .. . . . the effect may be generally the same, but the cause is very different.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:46 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by Tony
It would not run for long, as the downforce does not apply to the vehicles oiling system which I doubt is designed to go inverted.
nice point Tony.That was not even a thought that remotley knocked on my door....
very nice thinkin

Im gonna make a super inverted windage tray oiling system thingy
Old 02-01-2004, 06:49 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by sloaccord
it might, tony- it's a dry sump system with eight (thats right, eight) scavenge pumps placed throughout the engine. . . . even on the heads. . . . but i wonder how the fuel is pumped- if the pump is on the bottom of the tank like a street car, then obviously that would be a problem. . .. and how long can someone drive upside down? a minute? two? humans dont make any downforce. lol.

and just to be a total prick, there is a difference between downforce and suction .. . . . the effect may be generally the same, but the cause is very different.
Yea but humans cant drive upside why? Because of the blood loss or the overflow of pressure on the head due to blood?

Fighter Pilot theory I would say, get em a G suit and ahh make it work in kinda the exact opposite effect and instead of maknig sure the blood is not lost from the head when going into max g's, make sure it stays within both regions of the body somewhat in order to make sure conciousness is kept and to make sure body parts dont start to numb.

I mean how long would ya wanna go? I just wanna see one drive upside for any period of time.Hell 5 seconds would be a hell of a long time at the rate of speed they generate anyway.
1 or 2 minutes would be like miles upon miles of upside road to get it to stay there upside down at that high speed.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:13 AM
The G-14 Classified

dead link
Old 02-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Citizen

A person can hang upside down for quite awhile in a harness, I speak from experience. 5-10 seconds is nothing.

09' Ninja 500R

09' Stella
Old 02-01-2004, 07:26 AM
|-Resident LT1 Killer-|

Originally posted by Tony
A person can hang upside down for quite awhile in a harness, I speak from experience. 5-10 seconds is nothing.
Yea like I said, 5 or 10 seconds is nothing to us and anyways 5 or 10 seconds worth of road would be a long stretch of road for the speed it requires to hold itself to the track upside down ya know...