The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Want to see some 6 thru 8 second cars at the track ?

Old 03-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Donut Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see that the big boys made some full runs. I was there on Saturday and they were all having a hard time hooking. I think that only 3 of cars made a full pass by the first round.

I don't know if anyone has video, but one of the Pro 5.0 cars set it sides on the track. He did some crazy driving, but he did keep it off the wall!!!
Old 03-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Daddy-O

You should've stuck around Scott, didn't see any rain (they only stopped it for a few minutes) and there was some serious excitement in the 1/4s and semis.
The one car on Saturday didn't put it on it's side, but almost. Sunday, Mike Calvert did a 360 about 300 ft or so out, about took out glidden who makes a full pass and just as he goes through the traps his hatch blows completely off and goes for about a 100' flight. I think his driver window (lexan) also blew out as well, was wild.. Didn't get a chance to stay for the finals, but you could probably put money that Dasilva won as he had that twin setup just kickin everyone's ass...
Old 03-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Daddy-O

Well Dasilva lost it on the Tree to Samuels, sounded like a good race though.
If you want, go to the fun ford site, go to the gallery and they have a ton of pics in there from this weekend.

One final note, Orlando's track prep sucks. The track wasn't prepped for crap all weekend. Saturday barely any of the pro or outlaw guys could put a pass down..
FFW is going to have to bring their own crew pretty soon if they want to keep the big boys coming out...
Old 03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
N2O Lover

I love listening to a turbo cars "pre-launch sequence" Brings a smile to my face knowing the pain is coming!
Best Times 1/4
N/A - 12.56@110.51
N2O - 11.43@123.15
100 shot
See My Cars - Listen to the 224/228 closed & open - My Latest Video of Drag Run
Originally posted by moldyhands
Show me an 11 second import that only has a few thousand in it, and I'll show you a car owner that's always talking about when his car's going to get fixed and what broke.